Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

big_writes option is being used by ntfs-3g, you can google it. I find it useful for performance reasons.

If one of your PCs cannot access share, check my /etc/config/samba4 for any missing options:

config samba
	option workgroup 'WORKGROUP'
	option description 'Samba on OpenWrt'
	option charset 'UTF-8'
	option interface 'lan'

config sambashare
	option name 'DATA'
	option path '/mnt/sda1'
	option read_only 'no'
	option guest_ok 'yes'
	option create_mask '0666'
	option dir_mask '0777'
	option force_root '1'
2 Likes

Thanks David. Loaded on 1200ac. Will report back for issues.

Looks like fswebcam package has not been compiled properly in this build, ipk has no binary inside.

same goes for libgd and libgd-full packages

Thanks mate. Forgot google.. How did that happen :b

I've compare my samba config file to yours and everything's the same.

Still I get this error message

And if I type \192.168.1.1 in Windows explorer I get

This is so strange. My laptop can get in no problem but my desktop just wouldn't budge. I've compared both PCs' workgroup & sharing settings and adjusted desktop settings accordingly but still the same errors.

Grrrrrr I'm pulling my hair out.

Anywhere else I could check?

Thanks

Try setting this value to 1 (reboot needed):

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\AllowInsecureGuestAuth

If its not there create the value as a DWORD.
It might also be needed to enable SMB1 in Windows Features, hope this helps.

You may also compare this value on both machines you have.

1 Like

Hey mate - I worked this out by test mapping network drive, and directly configured in windows 10 group policy window and it did resolve the problem! YAY! I'm literally typing up the solution right now in my original post for other's future reference.

Thank you so much!

Full journey here Mounting USB storage with existing files?

1 Like

Post #4673 by joostieke in this thread is a pretty straight forward how-to. Follow the dev doc noted and use joostieke’s values and you should be good to go.

Hi guys its me again, just noticed I have Openwrt on both partitions now. I wanted to switch back to the original 32x firmware to test something but its gone. is there a code I can type to auto download and install via SSH from the current openwrt partition.
Currently both have openwrt but I use the one on Partiton 1 but would like to have the stock firmware on Partition 2. something like this
cd /tmp wget http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img sysupgrade -v -F /tmp/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img

But i dont want to wipe both partitions and also this is from an old post. if someone could share a way I can auto download and install onto P2?

Thanks in advance
Ras

Using the command above will only wipe the alt partition not the one in use.

Although your going to need to use the Switched -F -n for flashing as the config from OpenWRT on that partition will not work with the stock firmware.

cd /tmp && wget http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img && sysupgrade -v -F -n FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
1 Like

Thanks, but it didnt work. It downloaded and installed but when booting up it doesn't have anything showing such as setup page or anything of such. just luck to be able to ssh into again and reboot into this partition again.

That statement may go to the developer. Has this worked before in previous builds?

Tons of examples of setting up dnscrypt-proxy 2 in this this thread. I never have the time, but would like to put something simple on the website for people to follow. Actually a 5 minute video illustrating how it works with the configurations needed would be best.

1 Like

Not everyone follows this thread all the time, so I'll re-post the latest test build info.

This build is based on the new kernel - 5.4.41

https://dc502wrt.org/snapshots/r13244/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/

I'm interested in hearing back from 1900ac V1 owners.

1 Like

A 5 minute video of setting up dnscrypt would be wonderful. Please post it on your website.

Thank you

Loaded on 1900ac v1 this afternoon. Nothing extra on my router in regards to services. So far no issues but I haven't read through the logs. Thank you for your work on getting the new kernel in.

Loaded on 1200ac yesterday, was good.

However, just had my LAN connected laptop stop responding mid-meeting with my boss..zzz

Any logs I can provide to check failure here?

On kernel log I see:
1445.149822] nf_conntrack: default automatic helper assignment has been turned off for security reasons and CT-based firewall rule not found. Use the iptables CT target to attach helpers instead.

Nothing much on syslog.

If you need the automatic conntrack feature, you can put the following in rc.local (Startup - Local Startup):

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper

Hi all!

i noticed there is a problem with the WRT3200 5G wifi network.
I am tested latest stock, r12230 and r12394 fw and Xiaomi Router with latest stock fw
the results are good with the factory fw, but speed with openwrt is problematic.

Linksys WRT3200 latest stock fw

Openwrt r12230 and r12394

Xiaomi router latest stock fw

The factory and openwrt wifi settings were the same.
Which is the stable fw in which 5G wifi works properly?
Or what do I need to do to improve my speed?
To my knowledge the r12230 fw was still good for a wifi fw !?

Openwrt 5G wireless config:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option hwmode '11a'
	option path 'soc/soc:pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
	option country 'HU'
	option txpower '23'
	option htmode 'VHT80'
	option channel '112'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
	option device 'radio0'
	option network 'lan'
	option mode 'ap'
	option key 'blablabla'
	option ssid 'Linksys5G'
	option encryption 'psk2+ccmp'

thanks for help!

Br,
zacci

Some hardware and reverted to r12394 and performed a factory reset afterwards.
My LAN and WiFi speeds are way better than before the reset and latest firmware. However, WiFi is faster using my Archer C7 APs (with latest openWRT build) then with my WRT3200ACM.
I'll tweak a bit to see if I can improve the WiFi speed of my WRT3200ACM.

Hello iisquazar,

The linksys were a fresh installation. Xiaomi is several months old.

All,

Is there a version of Openwrt that is stable and achieves factory firmware performance?

br,
zacci