Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

Issues with the opentomato theme that was the cause for it not to be the default is sorted and will be back in DavidC's next build. However using the Software section in LUCI you can install opentomato.

1 Like

un-check the following

Interfaces -> WAN -> Advanced Settings ----- Uncheck "Use DNS servers advertised by peer"

Hello.. hope everyone is doing well.

Just looking for a bit of advice; for any SQM QoS users out there, which is better for our devices: piece_of_cake or layer_cake? I have been using the former as recommended by the wiki entry, but recently read a post mentioning that layer_cake is good. I know that it uses more CPU, but I'm guessing our hardware is more that adequate but I could be wrong.

Also these were recommended for the config: option iqdisc_opts 'docsis besteffort ingress nat' and option eqdisc_opts 'docsis ack-filter nat'

Is there an ideal configuration with the best results, or does it vary case by case for network usage?

2 Likes

Looking at master it appears mvebu will be getting kernel 5.4. Will supply a link for those who wish to test.

4 Likes

I've been running 5.4 for over a month now without any issues at all.

nitroshift

Interested. WRT1200 ACv2, happy to test.

Been following this thread, is it the same as mvebu?

+1 been looking for recommendations on this. An ideal config for wrt version would be much appreciated.

No issues? Wow something to look forward to, they just refreshed the config though for mvebu so I would think you would need to the new config to have less issues.

Dear Dave,
Hello and I hope that you and your family and loved ones are doing well and keeping safe in these - the most dangerous of times. I saw on the thread that you are looking for testers for kernel 5.4. I wrote you that I would love to test this about a month ago. I have two ( 2 ) WRT3200ACM - one 1200AC - one 1900ACS V2 - and a WRT32x - so I have a bunch of routers to test kernel 5.4 on. So - please send me the link for kernel 5.4 test build and I will get to work.
Once again, thank you for all you do - and stay safe -
Peace

Hi guys, i hope that everyone is doing well. I have a problem with my mamba (running the build r12833), i have 500/10 mbps with my ISP, but the speedtests from my router only get ~ 170/10 mbps (without clients connected, sqm disabled, soft-offloading enabled). While the tests are running I don't see high cpu loads.

For testing i disable the firewall and the results are the same, if i connect a client direct to my isp modem (by-passing the router) i get the desired speed (~500/10 mbps). I test from my router with different wires (cat5e and cat6) and i have the same results :frowning:.
This is my wan config:

config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth1'
        option proto 'dhcp'
        option delegate '0'
        option peerdns '0'
        option dns '1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1'

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,

What about earlier builds? Same or different results?

Yes, I think I built for 5.4 last night, but have not checked it yet. If all okay, will upload to the server tonight and give everyone the link.

2 Likes

Dear Dave,
Thanks and again - I am here in NYC metro area suburb - so I am praying and begging you - and all - to heed the messages to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. With regard to the 5.4 Build - I hope that all goes well with it technically. My thanks to you for always being so responsive - and ahead of the pack when it comes to providing us all the latest most stable firmware for our devices. I have been with you and here in the community for over three plus years - and as are my true sentiments ( which I express often ) - Dave you are the absolute best.

Peace

4 Likes

Well say :smiley:

Hi David, i upgraded to the last build because i had the same problems in a old build (without offloading implemented). I will test with a wrt1200ac that im using as AP (wds), restoring before to factory defaults, (last build too) to see if its a problem in the wrt1900ac config. Do you have any other idea to test?.

Cheers and thank you for you hard work In this project.

Much appreciated - Yes, I think most are taking the pandemic seriously here in Tennessee. I've worked from home 3 weeks straight now, and have only left to take walks and grocery shopping/fast_food. Fortunately, everyone I know is healthy, so for that we are thankful. I've heard about NYC Hospitals being over-run with Covid-19 patients, so this is what we are trying to avoid in other parts of the country. Unfortunately, this is much harder to do in densely populated areas like NY. Seems the 1-3% death rate far exceeds the 0.10 death rate of the flu, and on top of it, there isn't a vaccine and no one is immune, so it definitely has the ability to spread like wild fire if you let it. Hopefully, this will pass quickly so we can all get on with our lives.

Best Regards,

David

Yeah, I was going to suggest just trying the OpenWrt daily snapshot, but do not restore. Slowly and manually put things back together whilst testing along the way.

Unfortunately, we've had a dear friend who caught coronavirus. She's in her 50s and it took her down hard, she looked terrible. Treatment at the hospital was tough because the resources are at their limits. Fortunately she is recovering from it now and much better than she was a couple of weeks ago. But I've got to tell you, it makes the strange world we're living in now a lot scarier when someone you are close to has gotten sick with COVID-19.

2 Likes

Count me in David, been trying for ages to compile kernel 5.4 without luck of it booting after.

1 Like

Unfortunately my first attempt at 5.4 was not good. I'm going to make a change and try again tomorrow.

Will update.

1 Like