Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

the commit

@davidc502,

Will you include the "kmod-ipt-offload" module in future builds?
Or do we have to manually install it after each firmware upgrade?

Yes, it will be added to the next build moving forward.

1 Like

I'm very interested in the question if Software Flow Offloading works fine with SQM these days? The reason why I've never tried is that in the past I've read that flow offloading doesn't go well with SQM.
Currently I wouldn't need Software Flow Offloading it as my speeds are just ~100 mbps Down and 40Up but it sounds quite usefull to free up the cpu a little bit for other tasks...

Hi to all,
Sorry I am new to OpenWRT, linux, unix etc. However use search and google.
I do have WRT3200ACM with this nice firmware.

PROBLEM I face with network shares is write/delete files and folders from mounted 64GB USB key via WindowsExplorer. I always get fatal errors, permission denied because of disk is write-protected.
Problem related to file and folder permissions. After USB is mounted Windows Explorer shows the only "Special permissions" enabled is for Unix User\root. I did play with "create mask" 0666->0777 and "directory mask" 0777 to various settings found on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_permissions

MY SETTINGS:

1. I went to menu System/MountPoints and mounted drive to /mnt/sda1. Checkbox Enabled.
  2. I went to menu Services/NetworkShares->SharedDirectories
    Name: VIDEO
    Path: mnt/sda1
    Browseable: yes
    Read only: no
    ForceRoot: yes (otherwise I can't acces drive at all)
    Allowed users: [empty]
    Allow guests: yes
    Guests only: yes (no difference Yes or No selected)
    Inherit owner: yes (no difference Yes or No selected)
    Create mask: 0666 (0777 makes no difference)
    Directory mask: 0777 (0666 makes no difference)
    Vfs objects: [empty]
    Apple time...: [empty]
    Time machine...: [empty]

Any help?

I did additional tests about WPA2 Enterprise problem with WRT3200ACM (systematic disconnection after one hour) :

• tried several older 88W8964 firmwares (9.3.2.6, 9.3.2.5), same symptoms.
  • tried with stock Linksys firmware (1.0.8.198828_prod), same symptoms.

I will try with a different RADIUS server to see if that makes a difference. Today I am using the RADIUS service from a Synology NAS, which has been working fine for several years on my WRT1200AC.

I will report about the results.

Edit : Same problem. My Radius server (FreeRADIUS running on pfSense) is showing a successful re-authentication, the Wifi client seems to remain connected Wifi-wise, but is loses its IP address, and is unable to renew it (tried manually).

My conclusion is that WRT3200ACM cannot handle WPA2 Enterprise properly :frowning:

Other reports of the problem here.

Workaround : in fact adding option eap_reauth_period '0' do seem to fix the problem :+1:

What filesystem are you using on the stick?

Try this via shell (ensure the share root folder also has 0777 access):
chmod 0777 /mnt/sda1

I use NTFS on my test USB 64GB. Further I want to attach my 5TB Seagate HDD with all data.

"chmod 0777 /mnt/sda1" via Putty says No such file or directory
After my first post I did try to figure out the problem myself and flashed Linksys and DavidWRT numerous times with factory resets. I assume my new problem related to USB drives not showing up in MountedFileSystems.

Yesterday 64GB USB and 5TB HDD showed up in Mounted File Systems and I was able at least read data.
Today despite I manually MountPoint my external storage and tick Enabled and Save/Apply, those storage do not show up in MountedFileSystem list.

There are reported write problems using NTFS, try fat32 or better exfat (needs enabled patented, is this enabled by davids builds?).

If you don't need to actually access directly via windows, a linux native filesystem is recommend. For HDD use ext4 and for SSD use F2FS.

PS: You can format ext4 under windows via MiniTool Portable Partition Magic

1 Like

Just run into the same issue here updating a WRT32X to the latest build. WAN and LAN interfaces swapped their MAC addresses and I had to power cycle the cable modem (thank $deity it's on a switched PDU as I'm on crutches at the moment!).

Hi!

I had the same problem with latest releases, i had to add this:

• Edit template and add ntlm auth = yes
  • Add option read_only 'no' to file /etc/config/samba4

That fixed the write protected issue.

Hope this helps

Alternative use the new UCI/Luci config option for samba4:

config samba
	option allow_legacy_protocols '1'

I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Sorry, but I am Windows user. Could you please point how to edit template.
I found template Edit template under Network shares, but I don't know to which line to add. Besides search did not find any samba4 as keyword.
Sorry for now and in advance for stupid questions

p.s. where do I get older builds to test my problem?
also what if i give you remote access e.g. via TeamViewer?

Hi.

For editing template, go to Services menu, Network shares. There you will see "Edit template" on top.
To edit etc/config/samba4, first login with ssh, then write vi /etc/config/samba4 and add option read_only 'no' line to that file.
Of course, if you need help, we can do it with TeamViewer

Sorry for my text, i'm writing with cell phone on the hurry

Thank you for your response. Just used Putty for SSD and option was already "no":
option read_only 'no'

Meanwhile I have formated my usb do ext4 and everything run smoothly. I did also checked same firmware on my both WRT1900ACS v2 and WRT3200ACM. Same problem on both.
Seems problem related to NTFS file system. No matter what size 64GB USB or 5TB HDD, GPT or MBR.

Anyway I am Microsoft Windows user and would want to use ext4 if there is no solution for NTFS.
Now I need to go to sleep 11:54PM here and I need to get up at 6AM :slight_smile:

See you tomorrow.
Greetings from Lithuania!

Think I may have to get myself one of those PDUs. I have mobility issues myself and it's frustrating that I have to ask my partner to turn things on and off when these things happen, do they work independently of the router?

Hope you will be walking around as normal soon.

Good news that you make it work, no matter you had to format to ext4. I'm mostly a MS Windows user too, and I have my HDD formatted to ext4 too.

Have a good night!

Formated 5TB to ext4 for last 10hours and drive is not recognized neither via WRT3200ACM or WRT1900ACSv2.
I will give up with openwrt. Too much time spent of my life. Firmware itself does not mount NTFS 5TB neither recongnizes ext4 5TB.
DDwrt mounts fine, but firmware itself is unstable at ll. Only reset helps.
Will probably use stock. Speeds of WiFi and NAS are OK.

Thank you all for your help!

(Apologies for going OT for a moment)

I'm using an old APC AP7920 8-port rack PDU. They're about £700 new but can be had on eBay for much less second hand (as low as £100 if you're lucky), just make sure it's been factory reset if you're buying used as they're a PITA to reset. Mine was given to me by a mate stripping out a datacentre at an ISP :sunglasses:

A decent switched PDU will give you the ability to turn individual outlets on and off via its web interface, API, SNMP or telnet/ssh and also monitor input voltage/current. A good one will also monitor current draw separately for each outlet. They're invaluable for resetting devices that are out of easy reach or don't have a physical power switch. Mine used most often for power cycling the cable modem and a Sony home theatre sound bar that goes wonky every few months.

One downside is that the outlets are all IEC C14, so you'll need to invest in some adapter cables for the kit you want to connect. All the variants for domestic kit are available, just have a search on eBay.

The unit I have connects to the wired network so is "independent of the router" so long as a) you have separate ethernet switch, b) you're not trying to access the PDU from a wireless device and your router is also doing your wireless (as obviously you won't be able to access the PDU from a wireless device with no wireless).

To be clear, my scenario yesterday was: WRT32X was up and running, providing local networking and wireless but no Internet, as the cable modem wasn't giving out a DHCP lease. My MacBook Pro was connected to the wireless so I was able to access the PDU's web interface and power cycle the cable modem (releasing the registered MAC address of the WRT32X's LAN interface). If the WRT32X had been in a state where no wireless or LAN access was available I'd have been stuck.

2 Likes