Davidc502- wrt1200ac wrt1900acx wrt3200acm wrt32x builds

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt32x#return_to_stock_firmware

2 Likes

Why you looking to return to stock? I have a WRT32X too so just curious.

The Wiki has the information needed to return to stock firmware. It is actually fairly easy to do so, but should be done from command line.

https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/linksys_wrt1900ac#return_to_oem

2 Likes

Looks like i am now able to compile OpenWRT, with some help from @ParanoidZoid so building the ATLinksys theme (Aka ATmaterial devel theme) as well as firmware for WRT32X for now as i have messed with some settings so going to test it my end first firmware wise. Although theme will be linked up for people to test.

3 Likes

Dear solidus1983,
Hello and I hope that you are well. Glad to see that you are making progress with your project. Look I am far from an expert in the area you are working on. However, regarding the OpenWRT Branding for the theme that Dave ( I believe ) and I mentioned ( picking up on his suggestion ) - would it be possible to put this somewhere in the theme?

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

This is what pops up when you ssh into the terminal as you well know. Maybe it can be scaled to an acceptable size and placed somewhere on the Status Page ( or elsewhere if anyone has a better suggestion ) You might even want to modify the graphics to read Davidc502 OpenWrt Snapshots - something like - below:

Davidc502 Snapshots
  _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M

But naturally much more aesthetically pleasing - centered and all of that - and colored as deemed appropriate. Please by no means mention Linksys ( not that this was necessarily your intention ) because after all this is OpenWrt. Just thought I would throw my 25 cents in ( due to inflation ) - again - thanks for your hard work and dedication.
Peace and Grace Always Upon You

Dear Kykarjamba,
Hello and I hope that you are well. To return to Linksys Stock - you must have Linksys OEM Firmware installed on your alternate partition in the first place. So - when you are on Linksys Stock always reflash your router with Liinksys OEM Firmware before installing OpenWRT - as all of these routers that Dave supports have a rotating round robin installation process ( you will overwrite the other partition with each flash - this also applies if you do sysupgrade or install new firmware while on OpenWRT ). Here are the specific instructions: If you need to revert back to the other partition, do the following.
Enter ssh and determine which partition you are on
/usr/sbin/fw_printenv -n boot_part
The readout will be either 1 or 2
Then issue one of these commands picking the command that is the opposite of the partition you are currently in. For example if you are in partition 1 - then issue:
/usr/sbin/fw_setenv boot_part 2 && reboot
Do just the opposite - if you are in partition 2
/usr/sbin/fw_setenv boot_part 1 && reboot

Bonus:
Now if you ever get jammed up - two partitions - with no Linksys OEM Firmware on either partition - one with DD-WRT the other with OpenWRT - two with OpenWRT and so on - You can get back to Linksys OEM Firmware by doing the following .This example is for the WRT32X ( while in the OpenWRT partition ) - First go to the Linksys Support Download page for your router and copy the correct firmware download link to a text file. Please note that some routers have Version 1 and Version 2 of firmware - make sure you pick the correct one for your router. Once you have the download link for the latest Linksys OEM Firmware for your router follow these SSH instructions - remember this is for the WRT32X but will work for any of the routers Dave supports :
1 - Go into /tmp folder - cd /tmp
2 - download WRT32X Linksys OEM Firmware to your router via wget -
wget http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
3 - Go back into root - cd /root
4 - Finally, enter install command: You only need the FW_.img portion as it is the actual file
sysupgrade -F /tmp/FW_WRT32X_1.0.180404.58.img
Reboot the router - it normally reboots automatically - and wait for the installation to finish.
Once back on Linksys OEM Firmware - reset the router to defaults and flash with the Linksys OEM Firmware once again to make sure that you overwrite the other partition and have Linksys OEM Firmware on the alternate partition for the next time you install OpenWRT. Hope this helps. I only wrote this up because I have seen this question repeatedly asked - to save others headaches - and I am a retired Teacher.
Peace and Grace

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the help.

2 Likes

Dear Kykarjamba,
It was my pleasure and this is why we have a Davidc502 OpenWrt Forum after all. That being to assist one another and share our collective knowledge, expertise and experiences. Thanks for expressing your gratitude - your sentiments are more than enough of a reward for me.
Peace and God Bless

1 Like

Thanks again you are very kind.
Sincerely, Alexander

2 Likes

For people whom what the devel version of the theme here you go

Its the pre-release version it will show in OpenWRT GUI as atmaterial still.

@davidc502 do you think i should replace the Branding area with the OpenWRT logo?

3 Likes

Give a try and see how people comment. Let those creative juices flow.

3 Likes

@solidus1983, @davidc502:
the atmaterial theme is excellent. it correctly displays changes when different time period s are seleected in the nlbwmon app (which neither rosy nor the default theme did)
thank you both. fantastic.

Enjoying the atmaterial theme myself. It is s great addition and option to an already great build. Thank you guys.

Hi. I just installed the firmware. Very impressive. Just a few questions. I have sqm and QOS. Do I need to have both on or can i just use sqm and its fine? My other question is, I have an WRT1900ACSv2 and your latest build from 2019-05-12 08:54, is the latest wifi drivers installed or do I need to download it? I tried yesterday to enter the download link for the wifi drivers but It didn't work. Something went wrong. Can you link me the drivers for WRT1900ACSv2? I have pretty weak wifi signal. Around 70-80ish.

@lajkasir

I'm not at sqm or qos user, but I have heard conflicting information about if they should be run together or not. My suggesting would be to find out what works best for you.

As to the wifi driver, yes it is the latest wifi driver. Keep in mind, there hasn't been any changes to the driver for months, and at this point we will not see any changes "officially" unless there is a major bug.

Thanks,

David

@lajkasir
I would suggest that you try SQM first and see if it works fine for ya.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/traffic-shaping/sqm-details

@davidc502
I'm still on r9287... :sweat_smile: Do you think it's a good time to upgrade to the latest build (r9987)?

it is up to you. If working well then you might stay there a bit longer. I'm going to put new images out tomorrow or Sunday, so you might wait until then too.

2 Likes

@davidc502 could you add devel to the atmaterial.git part of your feeds please. Will be placing OpenWRT logo in branding section.

Shouldn't be a problem. What is your feed going to be for devel?

Hey @davidc502,

Does that mean that everyone with a WRT3200ACM disconnects? Or just me?