D7800 crashing when making Wireguard / firewall changes

I had the D7800 running perfectly for over 200 days of uptime. Simple ethernet WAN config and running Wireguard VPN.

I came home the other day after a power outage and it had crashed. Power cycling did not fix it so I reset and performed an update to 19.07.2 while I was at it. I think it had been running 18.06.4.

Within 30mins it had crashed, wifi was available and connected but I could not ping the router. I connected an ethernet cable and again got an IP address but could not ping or access the router.

I put 18.06.8 on and within 30mins it happened again. Both times I was editing Wireguard config.

I then reset again and put 19.07.2 back on and removed the ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct and kmod-ath10k-ct packages and replaced with the non-CT drivers after reading this thread: Wireless instability on Netgear R7800 (19.07.2 migrated from 18.06.4)

The router has been stable now for hours but I am not game to re-install Wireguard packages.

Has anyone had stability issues configuring Wireguard? I haven't been able to get any logs because the router was inaccessible.

Has been up now for approx 6 hours with no issues. I am assuming the problem was the ath10k CT code.

Stable after 24hrs. Issue was obviously the CT drivers. I assume they were in 18.06.8 as well. I think I was on 18.06.4 previously. What are the plans for these drivers moving forward? Is it something that only affects the D7800?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.