Creating my own package, I need to link against libnetsnmp

I am creating my own package, and I need to send some snmp trap messages. I though it would be easier to use an snmp library to do so. So I am trying to link my program against libnetsnmp.

I am using the v19.07.8 tag of openWrt.

Invoking make menuconfig and launching the search command, I cannot find the libnetsnmp package. But, the search results tells the LLDP package is selecting libnetsnmp. But trying to select this LLDP package and it results in a compilation error.

=== configuring in libevent (/home/yves/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/lldpd-1.0.3/libevent)
=== end of configure in libevent (/home/yves/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/lldpd-1.0.3/libevent/libevent)
checking for mips-openwrt-linux-net-snmp-config... no
checking for net-snmp-config... no
configure: error: in `/home/yves/openwrt/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/lldpd-1.0.3':
configure: error: *** no NetSNMP support found
See `config.log' for more details

Does anyone have some idea? Another snmp library? Or, how can I link against that library?

The libnetsnmp package is part of the net-snmp source package in the packages repository. You need to install it first: ./scripts/feeds update packages && ./scripts/feeds install net-snmp

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.