Could someone help me with the TP-Link EC230-G1 router?

Hello, everyone! I am new here and would be very happy if someone could help me. I received the TP-Link EC230-G1 blocked by the company. I found the firmware (unlocked), but I can't send it via TFTP (Windows) using IP 192.168.0.66. Could anyone tell me how to do it? I thank everyone and forgive myself if I posted in the wrong place.

How is this related to OpenWrt?

2 Likes

see section on windows firewall https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/upload/recovery.pdf

1 Like

Hello. I'm trying with the original file. EC230-G1TH_BRWISPv1_0.9.0_2.0.0_up_boot200609_beta_2020-07-03_16.14.33.bin

I tried. Unsuccessfully. :pensive:

tried what, exactly, unsuccessfully ?

1 Like

I tried with 192.168.0.66 and 1.66. Pressing the reset button and also with the WPS button. I tried with TFTP 32 / 64bits and WireShark. I do not receive any information in Log View. The router does not seem to respond. Nothing happens. I do not know what else to do. Thanks for your attention.

Versão de Firmware: 2.0.0 0.9 v6034.0 Build 200924 Rel.47917
Versão de Hardware: BSN1350 v1 00000000
Número de Série: 84D81B4D206E

I agree with tmomas, this unit doesn't appear to be supported by openwrt.

But you could try snooping the traffic using wireshark, or open it up, and see if there's a serial console you could work with.

1 Like

Thank you. I'll be back if I find out anything. I'll be happy if you can let me know if you find any news about this model. Greetings from Brazil!.

I have the firmware that a guy sent me on the internet. I just couldn't put it on the router. Neither via telnet nor ftp. Is there any way? @Valeryous

Hello everyone, any updates on this topic ? What is the IP address to be used for the TFPT ?
My router is in loop restart, power led lights on, then after 5 sec all lights on for 1 sec then they goes off again, power always. No reset working or Network over LAN getting any IP

Also has anyone figure out which Firmware of OpenWRT can be used after TFPT works on this ISP router :frowning: ?