Converting package from OpenWrt 15 to OpenWrt 18

I built a package that worked fine on OpenWRT 15, it is a simple resource package that contains scripts (that do basic setup) and some files (public keys, etc). It is basically a setup package.

When I try to install on OpenWrt 18 I get "Malformed package file". I have read the Whole package building page but I am still not sure what I need to do the " BuildPackage defines" seems to be the closest I can find to how my package was setup, but they do not mention a Packages/control file.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or refer me to a more comprehensible documentation, or an example of a package as described but that works on OpenWRT 18.

Thank you.

I have found https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/package-policies valuable, along with looking at a similar Makefile.

Which package are you trying to resurrect?

1 Like

Thank you Jeff, the package I am trying to resurrect is a package I made to configure the router with my specific setup. I need to deploy many routers regularly and this was an easy way to do it.

Since the routers I used are now discontinued I am looking at new routers, but the ones I found have a more recent version of OpenWRT which does not like the package.

I will look at the documentation you suggest.

1 Like