Connect OpenWRT as router through wireless connection to modem

Before a long explanation the simple question:

can I use the Wi-Fi interface of OpenWRT as a router to connect to an ADSL modem configured in bridge mode?

I have a server as a hypervisor for my studies. It's an old Xeon e5-2696v4 running Fedora with KVM; I also use it as a workstation to play games. The entire thing consumes 200W at idle: it's a lot to keep running 24/7.

For this reason I also own an i5-7400 with Fedora and KVM always on. It keeps many services running 24h, including a VM running OpenWRT as a router connected directly to an ADSL modem in bridge mode.

It all works fine!

But I usually play games late night and I try to not wake the entire family... So I move the entire monster far away (the two computers are on the same box). This move makes me pass a long Cat6 cable through the apartment and that's what I want to avoid.

It would be nice to let the modem's radio turned on and use the OpenWRT antenna to connect to it, so I could avoid the network cable.

And before I make any moves and changes here, I'd like to ask the community this simple question:

can I use the Wi-Fi interface of OpenWRT as a router to connect to an ADSL modem configured in bridge mode?

Hi

if i get it right, you want to use your WIFI as WAN port?

ok, from top menu bar, select network->wireless
you will find your wifi adapter here
push "scan"
select desired wifi network and connect
OpenWRT will create new interface called "wwan"
adjust IP address/DHCP client for this new wwan interface
put wwan interface in firewall WAN zone

before i forget, you will need at least
wpad-basic package for wifi client mode