Configuring QoS for specific program

So, since my main settings are mainly correct, and now it's fine tuning now, I will use these settings and report back the performance, if I am fine with them , you have my gratitude for your help, and even now.

Hrm, the wan address is 192.168.1.64 this is from the private non-routable range that is often used behind NAT. That seems to indicate that your your modem actually acts as its own router (or that your ISP does CGNAT with an unusual IP range for CGNAT).

This looks much better bufferbloat-wise...

I guess the big question is, does this help with your gaming or not. So it would be great if you could try this for a while and then just report back to this thread whether you are satisfied or whether this does not solve your requirements.

Best Regards

After some time of testing, I can confirm that this seems a good setup, but not ideal. My ping indeed sits very comfortably at 48-55 MS at my application, however I still experience packet loss for some reason, it's not regular, but just now, I somehow experienced 75% ''packet loss out'''I knew it because I turned on network graph for the application and it showed the loss out for that. I may need to do more research about it, or continue testing, or just , maybe you could recommend me an application to log my network during the time I use that application?

Good to hear.

Well this is how tcp and sqm actually work, if a flow exceeds to available/allotted bandwidths sqm signals that by dropping a packet (or using ECN marking to transmit the same "hey slow down" signal without actual dropping the packet). So some packet loss is pretty much expected (in most situations).

Mmmh, 75% seems a lot for normal sqm operation, how much bandwidths does your application actually use, how saturated is your link (try installing and running iftop on the router while using your game) and how much sqm is dropping (take "tc -s qdisc" output before and after your test and compare the number reported as "drops" in the cake statistics between the two).

Hope that helps

1 Like