Configuring device as a bridge with LAN ports

Hi,
I'm reconfiguring my network and I'm kind of stuck configuring my OpenWRT device.
I have a Ubiquiti router that is functioning as a DHCP server and I want my WRT1900acs (with OpenWRT) to be able to bridge that network to wireless and also transfer the same network to 4 of the lan ports.
Currently I've configured the wireless interfaces to to through the WAN port so WiFi is working, but i can access the OpenWRT device through that, and also LAN ports 1-4 don't get any IP addresses.

How can I fix that?

What you want is to convert the router to a dumbAP.

2 Likes

What type is the link between the Ubiquiti router and the WRT1900acs with OpenWRT: wired or wireless?

Setting up a wireless access point (dumb AP) is a good solution when the link is wired.
A wireless link between the devices needs additional consideration.

I dont't quite understand this, please check for typos or missing words.

2 Likes

The link is wired, I followed the dumbAP guide, and for the wireless connection it worked like a charm.
But what I don't understand is how to link the 4 LAN ports to access the same wan as the wireless does

On a wireless access point, WAN is not used at all. Please refer to the wiki article again.
Update: I meant to say the wan network interface and firewall zone are not used. It is fine to turn the physical WAN port into a LAN port, as described below by @eduperez.

For detailed advice, you might want to post your configuration files, especially network and wireless (remember to redact the secrets).

2 Likes

On the switch configuration, just put all LAN and WAN ports on the same VLAN. Or add both interfaces to the LAN network (which is presumably a bridge already).

3 Likes

It depends on the device.
From the guide.

3 Likes

I've put all the interface on the same VLAN and remapped the wireless interface to use the LAN interface and not the WAN as @mpa said.
Works like a charm, thanks a lot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.