Configure OpenWrt to use a specific local dns server help

Hello. I recently flashed my TPLink AC1750 router to Openwrt and am having trouble connecting my wired devices to use a local dns server (running on a rpi). All the wireless devices can connect to the server; however, the wired devices are still going through the router and using the default dns. It is a settings in the router gui which I cannot figure out how to setup. I have tried a few suggestion, but it is not working.

Previously when I was running the stock tplink firmware, I was able to set the wired device to use a specifi dns server from the internet protocal 1pv4 properties. This is what I see in windows cmd prompt under servers line. 192.168.1.10 is what I want to use.

Search the forum for dhcp option 6.

But you had to make some changes in the default config, making the wired devices bypass the same setting the wireless clients use.

1 Like

One option is to advertise that nameserver with option 6 of dhcp. Make sure that you do the same with ipv6.
I would suggest, however, instead of that, to keep OpenWrt as nameserver for your lan hosts and add a line of configuration in dnsmasq to forward the local queries to the other nameserver. For example:

uci add_list dhcp.@dnsmasq[0].server="/duce.duc/192.168.1.10"
uci commit dhcp
/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart