Compiling kernel module - asm/thread_info.h not found

Hi,
I'm trying to compile a kernel module for openwrt barrier_breaker, I already use the openwrt sdk and the build it from source using https://github.com/openwrt/archive.
The target is the linux-lantiq_xway, and I'm constantly reaching this error:

/archive/build_dir/target-mips_34kc+dsp_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-lantiq_xway/linux-3.10.49/include/linux/thread_info.h:54:29: fatal error: asm/thread_info.h: No such file or directory
 #include <asm/thread_info.h>
                             ^

I was trying to user libraries like linux/netpoll.h
Any help?

Thanks,

Standard disclaimer -- Barrier Breaker is, at this time, known to be insecure and is unmaintained.

You should be building off current sources for any device that will ever have its wireless enabled, or have a network cable plugged into it.

If you don't heed that advice, you might have some luck with building on a machine with an OS from its era, 2014 or so.

If you are trying to use calls not present in uLibC, you're basically out of luck.

1 Like

I don't think it's to difficult to build it on a new distro. We build an omap system on openSUSE 15.0 that is that old, not exactly the barrier_braker release but from that time. If i recall right we have done a couple of small build fixes, plus updating dropbear because we use ssh. Apart from ssh it's not really exposed to the Internet and has no wifi. Some day I will come to backporting procd to make sysupgrade work, barrier_braker begins to feel a bit outdated...
But I think more fixes is needed to build on Ubuntu 18.10.

< scnr>
Oh really?
< /scnr>

2 Likes

I don't have any choice to use other version of openwrt. I'm compiling a kernel module to use on a openwrt version adapted by a company.