Can't connect to the internet

Hey, so I had friend setting up my router and he installed LuCi to my router and now I can't set it up on my new network. It was like 6/7 years ago and I moved out and changed internet provider.

So now I'm sitting here trying to setup this router. I performed reseting the router to its default settings but it seems like Internet doesn't want to go in the router. When I connect cable to PC I can acces it but when I connect cable to internet port and PC to the ethernet It doesn't work. (I didn't setup anything yet in the router except of basic things that was said on the openwrt user guide.)

My LAN and WAN have same IPv4 address. Cable is in the router yet it doesn't want to connect me to the internet. I tried ping to openwrt.org in diagnostic but it will just send me " bad address 'openwrt.org' " message.

I want to use router as wifi at home. In the footer of the router page it says Powered by LuCI trunk (0.12+svn-r10530) OpenWrt Barrier breaker 14.07 and my router is TP-LINK AC1200.

Thank you for your time and I hope that I won't have to buy new router. :sweat_smile:

It is very strange.

1 Like

this is most probably the issue, change the LAN subnet to something else than 192.168.1
or set up the AC1200 as a dumb AP.

the guide above might not work, due to the age of the release you're using.
you should really upgrade the openwrt version on the router.

2 Likes