option hidden '1'
        option encryption 'psk+ccmp'
        option key 'wireless12'

~
~
~
- /etc/config/wireless 1/20 5%

does mac can be wifi mac changed in config wifi-iface or config wifi-device

Having two device MACs the same in the same network will not work. MAC addresses are supposed to be globally unique, and they must be at least locally unique. Thus every device has a "factory" MAC assigned by the manufacturer, and in most cases you should allow it to use that MAC.

An endpoint device like a phone will use one network setting for all APs it sees with the same SSID, even though the MACs are (necessarily) different.

3 Likes

lan mac can be changed that is not problem but wifi i cant nohow :frowning: i know mu android fone i deny to connect to wifi but pc some time is connected than disconecct but phone sam second disconecct

You need to upgrade.

Take that out. It doesn't increase security any, and it causes connection problems with some devices.

Hidden does have a legitimate use for internal network links where users won't ever connect, as it prevents those networks from cluttering the list of available wifi.

1 Like

where is upgrade link i searched in toh relases i found onlu 18,6,09

disregard, wrong version of device.

1 Like

did in new fw have option in ui to change wifi mac? i need that
frollic? it means in cant be upgraded? or not

friend reason why i use hidden ssid and mac filter is that to dont still from me that small speed of adsl what i need in house and i have lot of it devices i preasere every mbps my speed of adsl is 20mbps in my place where i live

i need help to change macs on two same wifi mac devices model tplink wr941v3 one is wr941ndv3.2 another is wr941ndv3.5 on other OK two wr941v3 these fw 18.06.9 forks fast and its relailable today i flashed from stock to openwrt one wr941v3.8 strange i didn be able to flash to open wrt so i flashed to lede that to openwrt and another thing , i hard founded ip its usualu of stock 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.1.254 these first time stock ip of wr941nd v3.8 stock fw ip was like openwrt 192.168.1.1

sorry for off topic i have unabled to connect on wfi of two router who was unbricked have same wifi mac thats problem

i understund that that in same lan i cant be used 3 routers with same mac of wifi and lan but for now i didnt need wr941 on other places i know that in another lan where is only one of these 3 will work like now , all 2 or all 3 not a chanse :frowning:

what options i need in ssh in vi /etc/config/wireles ? frollic please help me

my problem is in ssh when he shows all these i dont know to get in option of 801.11 mac to change what to type i dont know i can move to next step

In the wifi-iface block which creates your AP (not wifi-device) add
option macaddr 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'.

This has also been in the GUI for a long time under Advanced Settings.

2 Likes

thanks a lot mk24 just how to select wifi-iface by tying or how i dont know that only. hope i make it :smiley:

how to go in In the wifi-iface block?

dont entering on command in ssh putty

no change mac for ap wifi only for lan

1 Like

why my putty wont write on router?

Please, learn first the basic stuff you need, follow these links

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=basic+ssh+commands

https://bfy.tw/S7eb

1 Like

Its too many things about i youst cant know what i need to enter wifi mac change and why i cant type in ssh commands of mak24

just tell me what type next in ssh (what will be typeable) after vi /etc/config/wireles

You don't want to learn or any help, you want spoon feeding, mate. I'm shocked that you are a user since 2015, anyway, type this in your ssh shell:

echo -e "\noption macaddr '77:91:4c:43:2b:c9'\n" >> /etc/config/wireless

If I'm correct this will work as it looks like you only have one radio and one wifi-iface so inserting it as your very last line in the configuration file must be enough.

Good luck, mate, you'll need it if this fails. :wink:

1 Like

thank you sorry for learning these days have much work truely i dont know where am i in some times , i wish you all best
i try now

I realised I had a typo, be sure you use last update.

2 Likes

And this is how your /ect/config/wireless should look after:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'platform/ath9k'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option legacy_rates '1'
        option txpower '24'
        option channel '10'
        option country 'CA'

config wifi-iface
        option device 'radio0'
        option mode 'ap'
        option ssid 'wifi1'
        option network 'lan'
        option hidden '1'
        option encryption 'psk+ccmp'
        option key 'wireless12'
option macaddr '77:91:4c:43:2b:c9'
2 Likes

First what do is wifi says wireless is not associated on ssid second router lose wifi, i get back by reset to default