Build for Netgear R7800

If there is going to be more discussion about your own build, please start an own thread about it.
(and it would be advisable to show also the source code changes, not only the compiled binary blob.)

It would be nice to have the sysupgrade file not just the img.

I can confirm my router is running smooth with the 5645 build. Wifi 5ghz is working nicely and with maximum throughput, and sqm piece of cake is performing well too. Though i haven't noticed any speed improvements compared to kernel 4.4 in openssl, i will have to run some synthetic test to see if there are any.

@hnyman I've read a lot about the R7800. So, I just ordered one. I'm sick and tiered of the wrt3200acm :-(.

I have some questions regarding your build:

1. Is the size of the root partition already bigger with your build?

2. What is the difference between master and 17.01? Is the 17.01 more stable?

3. Means 17.01 that your build is based on 17.01.4?

• My build has the default root partition size. No extra patch to enlarge it.
  • 17.01 is the official stable branch that only get bug fixes, but no new experimental features. So, it is more guaranteed to work always. (In practice both master and 17.01 as stable enough.)
  • My 17.01 build is from the HEAD of the 17.01 branch, meaning that it also includes about 200+ fixes that have been implemented after the 17.01.4 release.
1 Like

No, but you can enlarge it to 100Mb by building it. Just follow @hnyman instructions in:

BTW i find master very stable for my daily use, with SQM piece of cake enabled and 20-25 devices connected all the time.

Thanks @hnyman.
I just flashed the master build. I set it up with SQM, Adblock, ddns, etc and it works so fare perfectly.

Thinking about picking up an R7800. How's the wireless on it? I'm having an issues with my Archer C2600 getting my full 300Mb/s download from my ISP, this can handle that right?

Not sure there's going to be noticeable difference. Are you on hnyman's build with pcie-fixes?

I've flashed the latest master build (lede-r5693-f1fb710483-20180108-pcie-fix2-test), and I can't install samba36-server because it's not available through opkg. Otherwise the build appears to be running well.

EDIT: It's up on opkg again and I got it installed.

I reach with 5GHz about 450mbit with my xps 13.

Yep, that samba package seems to currently fail in the official buildbot:
http://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/faillogs/arm_cortex-a15_neon-vfpv4/base/

1 Like

@hnyman your build is working very good, thanks for that!
I just want to notice that I had to start and enable cron in this build. Shouldn't it be enabled by default?

/etc/init.d/cron start
/etc/init.d/cron enable

No.
If crontab file is empty, the cron service stays disabled at boot.
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/cron#activating_cron

Just FYI, today, I tried to make a new trunk-build for my R7800.
The build failed with a weird error, please see

https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1275&string=1275&search_name=&type[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=open&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=

I built r7800 a few minutes ago from 0cd5e85e7a without problems.

And was your problem directly related to my build? Or have you applied some other patches?

Your build is the basis, I've added dissent1's patches (sta110-branch), removed all the conflicts between your and dissent1's patches and finally added my own preferences via make menuconfig.
All of dissent1's patches applied without errors. But I'll look at the details, it might be that one of the patches needs an update.

It´s related to this patch: 47-2-clk-qcom-gdsc-Add-support-for-gdscs-with-RETENTION-power-state.patch
I'll remove the related patches and try again.
@dissent1

It's probably smth in your build environment, try running
make dirclean