Build for Linksys EA9500

The pre-built image doesn't detect 1,2,3,5,6 ports. I think it is missing the mdio driver. Will build it and try again.

Oh, my bad. Compile with V=s, it’s going to ask about a kernel option while compiling.

Update: I've updated the prebuilt image on the GitHub release to address this issue.

no go :frowning: this one doesn't detect any of the ports

What does the bootlog say?

I made a mistake on the kernel config and DSA wasn't enabled properly. Now, that I don't see anything DSA related on the bootlog, could you try the updated prebuilt image on the same Github release?

Ok, the ports are getting recognized but ports 1,2,3,5,6 don't get ip unless I add extsw to the bridge - just like 5.10

Thanks for finding out. Is it just the broadcast packets being broken? Like, can you manually set IP on any of the devices connected through one of these ports and see if they can communicate with the router?

Edit: The bootlog and a wireshark packet capture would be really useful as the issue is still there on 5.15. This needs to be fixed upstream.

1 Like

I'll see if I can do that. But given my work load, it sounds difficult this week.

All good. For now extsw interface should stay in the bridge. Even though there’s going to be broadcast packets unnecessarily forwarded to it, at least it makes the external switch work.

Which build would normal users be installing? Latest snapshot?

I hope people can start using official snapshots. Ports config isn't optimal now (it includes extsw) but it works. We can clean up it later - after debugging the problem.

As for your problem with WAN / ports we need more info or someone to verify & debug that issue.

1 Like

Do all 3 wifi radios work ok for you on the latest snapshot?

I'm getting lots of XHR timed out when I try and enable the radios

1 Like

Yep, definitely something wrong with the wifi. Had to revert again.

Enabling the radios, or trying to, caused luci to hang. even after a reboot, still wouldnt come back properly

All ports/WAN working this time though.

You can open bug report for wifi on https://bugs.openwrt.org

Hi. I want to analyze the 2.4ghz radio chip, which is not working. Could someone inform me via photo where it is on the board, I didn't recognize by identification in the 3 areas of the chips. Thank you very much.

Has anyone else tried the latest snapshot and had issues with wifi?

Same issue on Asus RT-AC88U. I reckon it's the broadcom wireless driver from backports-5.15-rc6 used on mac80211 package causing this issue. Hauke updated the master branch from using backports-5.10.x all the way up to 5.15 quite recently.

The binary won't load properly:

[   12.020229] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac4366c-pcie for chip BCM43664/4
[   12.029100] brcmfmac 0000:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac4366c-pcie.asus,rt-ac88u.bin failed with error -2

I'm going to revert one by one and pinpoint which release causes the issue.

Hi I have a european ea9500 flashed Both partition with openwrt. I want to sell it and érett Both boot part to factory. Can you help me pls how? Thnx

Is this the last brcmfmac message you actually see there? Are wireless PHYs and interfaces realy missing?

What you posted looks like a failure to load optional custom firmware. It should be followed by loading generic firmware which should succeed.