Build for Linksys EA9500

Oh I think that was an issue ages ago - I fixed it by flashing over the CLI, something like: mtd -r write /tmp/firmware_image.bin firmware

1 Like

yeah reflashed from the serial cable and it's ok now

1 Like

Alright so after some playing around, I found an actual release that works on mine with a few caveats, I can also verify the breaking changes for the second 5ghz wifi band were some place between 5.4.137 and the version I am on now, 5.4.143. In this version , the second 5ghz wifi band only works on channel 112. Changing it from 112 results in many errors, an unstable router, and also it enters the disabled state and doesn't work. I also still have no 2.4Ghz radio function at all with this build, but somehow it still works fine on factory firmware, so it's not a hardware issue. The good part is that it's an actual release which makes installing packages possible long after the 3 month snapshot window. Here's the link https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0/targets/bcm53xx/generic/openwrt-21.02.0-bcm53xx-generic-linksys_ea9500-squashfs.trx

Hi, do you guys know where to add a cooling fan inside ? 8010 should fit on top of the aluminium block (version 1), I just don't know where to plug the 2 wires

Is 4 wire PWM possible ??

1 Like

LAN1,2,3 and LAN5,6 do blink put prevent client from accessing the router (Luci/SSH) when the port labelled WAN isn't connected to the internet.
Does anyone know why ?

A post was split to a new topic: OpenWrt installation on Linksys EA9500

[338484.602415] ieee80211 phy1: brcmf_msgbuf_tx_ioctl: Failed to reserve space in commonring
[338484.610629] brcmfmac: brcmf_cfg80211_dump_survey: chanspec failed (-12)

Suddenly I am getting those. The wifi stops working.

Tested the latest release (21.02.3) as of today and it is working well so far. Both 5g radios are doing good and no errors in the logs yet. The interface feels more responsive and quicker to load pages. Wifi is still restricted to channels 36 and 140 and only 20 ghz on the second radio or it won't work at all. Everything else seems good though and I'm running 802.11r and its working! Best of all it's a release so updates are a thing!

1 Like

Can you guys help me configure the ethernet ports properly? swconfig list sees them both:

Found: switch0 - bcm53125
Found: switch1 - bcm53011

What confuses me is that in the GUI it says different type for switch1 (53012):

How can switch0 be set up, and assigned to an interface? Thank you so much!

which file did you use exactly? Can you share the filename?

1 Like

I used the ea9500 file from here:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.3/targets/bcm53xx/generic/

The release worked great other than that second radio being stuck on channel 140 and 20Mhz which really killed the range within and just outside my house. That was kind of a deal breaker so I wound up flashing back to the 20210809 build this morning.

It can't currently. This build is swconfig based an can only access the 53xx switch. The second switch sits behind it and cannot be configured until a working DSA build is released for this printer as I understand it.

1 Like

thanks for the info!

Hello,

I just installed build 21.02.3 on my Linksys EA9500 V1.1. I have successfully booted to the command prompt of OpenWRT from the serial port, but I cannot seem to ping, SSH or open the Luci web interface at 192.168.1.1 like I believe I should be able to. I have my Windows 10 PC plugged into port 8 of the router. I have tried both static assignment of IP addresses (on both sides of the connection) as well as allowing the router to dynamically assign my IP (which gets assigned to 169.254.41.216). Also, for most of my experiments, I haven't had the WAN port connected to anything (though I did try connecting the WAN to my ISP gateway at one point just to see if the WAN being disconnected had anything to do with my problem).

I apologize if I am missing something simple. I really tried everything I could think of before posting here. Please let me know if anybody has any next steps. I am a firmware developer interested in contributing to OpenWRT and if you all help get me up and running I will try to pitch in on this thread where I can.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Adam

I've just tried installing the 21.02.3 release and its killed my router. Cant get it back on 192.168.1.1 at all. Tried all interfaces. Tried to do the partial reboot, its fucked.

Any ideas?

Are you sure you followed the correct instructions? Is the LNKSYS logo blinking? You should be able to recover, and reinstall everything with Failsafe Mode.

Yep, I have done this many times and recovered many times - this is definitely different.

• Cannot ping or putty to 192.168.1.1, tried all ports, no dhcp either
  • Tried the on/off failsafe many times, also the reset button
  • LEDs appear to boot normally, ends up on the Linksys LEDs

Are you sure you have V1? You can check it by the bakc panel:

Mine is 100% v1

International version

Certainly looks like adamfettig has the same issue

Yeah, It does seem like I am having the same problem as @jonlad1 . For reference, my router is a U.S. model V1.1