Build Failure: luci-app-samba4 latest snapshot

Hi all, I've just tried to update my Belkin RT1800 (ramips, mipsel_24kc) snapshot build to the latest one (r22743-08cc6bc664, 2023-05-06) via the firmware selector, adding a bunch of packages, including luci-app-samba4 and msmtp.

The build failed with the below errors, it seems packages samba4-server, samba4-libs and libgnutls are missing. I've seen the other thread about gnutls so that's already been looked at.

Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency samba4-server for luci-app-samba4
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-app-samba4 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-samba4.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libgnutls for msmtp
make[2]: *** [Makefile:186: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:151: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:271: manifest] Error 2

My running build (snapshot r22658-2c530fcb97 of about 10 days ago) has samba4-server, samba4-libs and libgnutls installed. Unfortunately I'm not able to investigate this further myself by rolling back commits etc, sorry.

1 Like

Actually, I've just looked up samba4-libs and sure enough libgnutls is one of its dependencies, so the two issues are connected. Case closed.

Experiencing same type of problems with WRT3200ACM and WRT1900 build attempts.Collected errors:

* pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency minidlna for luci-app-minidlna
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-app-minidlna found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-minidlna.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency samba4-server for luci-app-samba4
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for luci-app-samba4 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
make[1]: *** [Makefile:141: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:259: image] Error 2

Like you, I have used the same compile instructions as several previous snapshot image builds.

Wireless driver not compatible with kernel errors also.

Hoping it can be resolved in the next few snapshots.

So is life in the world of betas.

1 Like

Now that the latest libgnutls has been merged why is the latest snapshot still failing to install?

Yes, packages depending on libgnutls are still not building on the firmware selector with today's snapshot (r22900-abec62a542), hopefully the devs are aware.

Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libgnutls for msmtp

Still the same problem on Dynalink DL-WRX36

Collected errors:

ok now it's working on snapshot r22967

1 Like

Good news! It's still failing for me, maybe the packages haven't built for my architecture yet, I'll try again tomorrow.

1 Like

It seems to be OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r22972 that has got samba4 fixed

1 Like

I've tried snapshot r22995, luci-app-samba4 and msmtp have built successfully. I've installed it and it's running fine. Thank you developers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.