Bricked ubiquiti powerbeam m2

after the upgrade from last lede to last snapshot ath79, the ubiquiti powerbeam m2 is not working anymore, the installation was fresh without keep setting. how i can try to make it work again if possible? no ssh no dhcp no rx packet.

Do a factory reset first to see if it comes back to life. Then TFTP recovery?

1 Like

tftp recovered with last 19 stable openwrt factory, on some other version of openwrt i had an error firmware check failed.

something is wrong with the powerbeam m2 and ath79, i flash it again and is not responding.

1 Like

I wonder if its running out of memory? Can you ssh in and type the following commands: dmesg, df -h, mount and post results?

i don t think so ath79 should eat less memory. work with every version of ar71xx, even bigger in size self compiled.
but the strange thing is that last year I used the nanostation version of ath79 and that work.

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 2.5M      2.5M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    29.1M    264.0K     28.9M   1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock5            3.4M      1.4M      2.0M  41% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        3.4M      1.4M      2.0M  41% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

Is this XM hardware with an AR7240 chip?

May be related to this:

no is not XM hardware is XW
SoC: Atheros AR9342 rev 2

Nice. Or just use ar71xx stable? I noticed there is 19.07.8 in the firmware selector.

that s what i have now, and is running really good, but i m looking for the future too.

// SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-or-later OR MIT

#include "ar9342_ubnt_xw.dtsi"

/ {
	compatible = "ubnt,powerbeam-m-xw", "ubnt,xw", "qca,ar9342";
	model = "Ubiquiti PowerBeam M (XW)";
};

&mdio0 {
	status = "okay";

phy-mask = <4>;

phy1: ethernet-phy@1 {
		reg = <1>;
	};
};

&eth0 {
	status = "okay";

/* default for ar934x, except for 1000M and 10M */
	pll-data = <0x02000000 0x00000101 0x00001313>;

phy-mode = "rgmii-id";
	phy-handle = <&phy1>;

gmac-config {
		device = <&gmac>;
		rxd-delay = <3>;
		rxdv-delay = <3>;
	};

i'm not sure if this is 100x100 correct but this way work

Thanks for the sleuthing. I submitted the support for the PowerBeam M XW, but I had only tested it on PBE-M5-400. I had just gotten around to trying it on the PBE-M2-400 and discovered (as you did) that eth0 didn't work. I configured a wireless interface that I could connect to and managed to get in and find the failing mdio probe, and was starting down the road you went down. Your tweak works here, and I'm working on a new patch to submit to support the M2 and M5 separately.

1 Like

Can you please try these two patches and maybe add your "Tested-by:" on the mailing list?

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/?series=257914

hi, this are busy days for me, not sure when i can try that but good if we have a solution now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.