BPI-R2 and LEDE

I just ordered my BPI-R2 and have read the limitation with the LEDE Build for this Platform. My main question with not being to experienced with OpenWRT/LEDE is will there be further development on build 17.01.4 to more completely cover all the device hardware? My main wish is to get all 4 LAN Ports working in order to replace my NetGear DSL Router with the BPI-R2. Im sick of the limitations with the NetGear and look forward to being able to use LEDE with BPI-R2.
Thoughts?

E-Mail me at bfpa40@gmail.com

-Brian-

17.01.x pretty much by definition won't get any development, other than bug- and security fixes - and maybe some very simple features backported. Development is done in the master branch, and prior to its finalization, the 18.06 branch.

Is that to say that we could expect developement in that new release (18.06) for the Banana Pi R-2?

Big difference between "expect" and "possible" -- for development to occur on a given platform, there has to be one or more individuals willing to contribute their time. Not to say that it won't happen, but that "expect" is too strong a word.

Using BPi M1 here, with latency below 20msec from dslreports speed test and sqm.

Using it for an actual dsl modem/router? What OS you have on it?

Here is the link: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.0-rc1/targets/sunxi/cortexa7/openwrt-18.06.0-rc1-sunxi-cortexa7-sun7i-a20-bananapi-ext4-sdcard.img.gz

Danny, Thank You

1 Like

Here is the WAN USB adaptor: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-1pcs-RTL8152-Chips-USB-2-0-to-RJ45-Network-Card-Lan-Adapter-10-100Mbps-For/32810365842.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5d224c4dAGWm6K

@ murraydr44 can you tell me if the pi re2 banana is running 100% with the 18.06 LEDE? Except the wireless function I do not need. I only need a dhcp client router, only. Is this function working properly? I'll connect it to another (powerful) wireless router.

I had it running on 18.06.1 this afternoon, but not as the main router. I was testing the vsftpd, but moved to armbian. I used the r8152 wan dongle and had to configure it through putty instead of luci. It is awkward changing the lan to dhcp client temporarily to download the wan interface driver (r8152), then back to static ip.
It runs okay on both 18.06.0 and 18.06.1 as a router. You will need another router temporarily to download the wan interface driver. Once openwrt finds the wan interface, you can use luci to add the wan and wan6 interfaces to eth1; the firewall comes preset to work right away once it is added. The bananapi runs like a charm, including sqm piece_of_cake. On my HH5A, I have to use layer_cake for sqm. I ran the bananapi on 18.06.0 all summer.

1 Like

OK, Thanks bro FOR YOU FEEDBACK =)))))).