Borgbackup / borgmatic - fails after first backup

Is there anyone here on the forum who knows about Borg Backup and Borgmatic.

I have a Dynalink DL-WRX36 running with firmware from the source code. No matter how I do it I can't get Borg Backup and Borgmatic to work. I built Borg Backup from the Openwrt sources and installed Borgmatic via python pip. Both without obvious errors.

Remote station is a Hetzner Storagebox.

Connection via SSH key works. The initialization and the first backup run without problems. If I want to create another backup an error occurs.

This looks like this :

root@ROUTER:~# borg list ssh://USER-sub1@SERVER.your-storagebox.de:23/home/backup
Enter passphrase for key ssh://USER-sub1@SERVER.your-storagebox.de:23/home/backup:
Local Exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 5213, in main
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 5144, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/borg/archiver.py", line 170, in wrapper
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/borg/helpers/manifest.py", line 189, in load
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/borg/crypto/key.py", line 385, in decrypt
  File "src/borg/compress.pyx", line 536, in borg.compress.Compressor.decompress
  File "src/borg/compress.pyx", line 546, in borg.compress.Compressor.detect
ValueError: ('No decompressor for this data found: %r.', b'K\x8d')

Platform: Linux ROUTER 5.15.109 #0 SMP Sun Apr 30 19:59:26 2023 aarch64
Linux: Unknown Linux
Borg: 1.2.4  Python: CPython 3.10.7 msgpack: 1.0.2 fuse: pyfuse3 3.2.2 [pyfuse3,llfuse]
PID: 20737  CWD: /root
sys.argv: ['/usr/bin/borg', 'list', 'ssh://USER-sub1@SERVER.your-storagebox.de:23/home/backup']

config.yaml

# Here you can specify a list of Storage Boxes as backup target.
    repositories:
        - ssh://USER-sub1@SERVER.your-storagebox.de/home/backup

# A list of all directoy which should be included within the backup.
    # As we want to create a full system backup "/" is sufficient.
    source_directories:
        - /

# Exclude the default mount directory and any directories which are created at runtime.
    exclude_patterns:
        - /dev
        - /proc
        - /sys
        - /var/run
        - /run
        - /mnt
        - /tmp

storage:
    # Here you can specify the password which is used to encrypt your backups. This is _not_ your Storage Box password.
    # Do not lose this. Otherwise you are not able to restore your backup later.
    encryption_passphrase: "SuperSercret"

# As BorgBackup is running on port 23 on the Storage Boxes, we have to overwrite the default ssh command in order to specify a port.
    ssh_command: "ssh -p 23"
    #compression: zlib,6
# Here you can specify how many backups should be kept at minumim for the specified time frame.
retention:
    keep_daily: 7
    keep_weekly: 4
    keep_monthly: 6
    keep_yearly: 1

Problem solved. Access to /dev/crypto was not possible.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.