Available mt76 based miniPCIe cards?

Hello community,

is there any available miniPCIe wireless card which is supported by the great mt76 driver?

I bought two from China a few years ago. They don't work. Bad EEPROM or something.

1 Like

I bought my router U7621-06 and miniPCIe cards from UniElec a year ago and they work flawlessly.

root@OpenWrt:~# lspci
00:00.0 PCI bridge: Device 0e8d:0801 (rev 01)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Device 0e8d:0801 (rev 01)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Device 0e8d:0801 (rev 01)
01:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 01)
02:00.0 Network controller: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7612
03:00.0 Network controller: MEDIATEK Corp. Device 7602

But there is a warning from the vendor. Full miniPCIe cards have external amplifiers and they need 5V voltage support from miniPCIe slot. You need to check your router before you buy miniPCIe cards.

1 Like

Many thanks for your inputs.

I think the one from UniElec are the only available as i found no other cards.

@bahtsiz_bedevi I´ll try the cards from UniElec, but i don´t mark your answer as solution as there will probably be more cards in the future.

Don't forget to check 5V PIN requirement. This is needed for FULL size miniPCIe cards from UniElec as they have External PA/LNA

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out.
Pin 47 and 49 are by miniPCIe definitions marked as reserved, so i think this cards won´t work on standard miniPCIe slots.
I´m using the apu2c4 x86 board and this pins aren´t connected. :frowning:
That´s bad for me because the half sized ones have a lower output power.

Yes, many people do this mistake by not reading the item description properly.
Full size cards from UniElec have External PA/LNA, therefore they have higher power output. But they require 5V/1A power from miniPCIe slot.

1 Like

Do they work correctly on a different board than the original one you got them with? :slight_smile:

@juppin AsiaRF and ALFA Network have something with MT7612E and MT7615D/N (might not be available on their websites, ask sales). Also, SparkLAN has half-size MT7610E based one AFAIR.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, I've seen feedbacks from buyers who use them on different routers. But one buyer was complaining about not working properly.
I asked the vendor about his problem, they said he didn't check his router specifications before buying cards.