Attended sysupgrade failing again

I'm trying to update my tplink ac1750 v5 router but it's not working again. The router can download and upgrade single packages just fine so it's not a internet or route issue. And, no banip or anything like that installed. No firewall blocking the update site. Anybody having this issue again, it happened last year then starting working again.

Router: TP-Link Archer A7 v5
Currently running: 23.05.2 - r23630-842932a63d

Trying to upgrade via luci sysupgrade.

Error connecting to upgrade server

Could not reach API at "https://sysupgrade.openwrt.org/json/v1/overview.json". Please try again later.

Also, I'm thinking of flashing a new build anyways to try out the snapshot. Last time I added the luci upgrade app for a custom build but it to doesn't appear to be working. Can you still use the online custom build "customize installed packages" to add stuff there...then just click the "request build" and get a custom file to download. The request build button does nothing. It's been a few years but luci didn't come with the default install I did originally. So, I added luci and the luci sysupgrade to the "customise installed packages"..then clicked on request a build. I wanted to do this again but the "request a build" does nothing.

Thank you!

Thanks.

Worth searching forum and giving feedback in respective official topic.

For the moment, there's nothing you can do.

The sysupgrade.openwrt.org server is down at the moment. It has been like this for the last 3 days. This server manages the Firmware Selector, Luci's Attended Sysupgrade, AUC and OWUT.

If you need a build at the moment, you need to download the image builder on the Downloads page on a linux machine and run it. It's not that hard.

There's no info about what happened and when the server would be up. You just have to wait or build your image yourself.

Cheers!

Thanks sir. The frustration was there's no error message on the request build..it just doesn't do anything so it leaves one wondering what's going on. Also, I didn't see any notices on the openwrt website stating there was a known issue, is there a known issue section or way of being notified about these sorts of problems so one doesn't wast time on either side?

I see this being also talked about here.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.