Astoria ARV7519RW22 bootloops after upgrade

Hello. I have just installed LEDE onto the device by following this guide, and upon it booting up (fine), I went into the web interface and upgraded to this image without preserving the configuration. After the router rebooted, it now bootloops with this log:

ROM VER: 1.0.5
CFG 01

U-Boot 2014.01-openwrt1 (May 16 2014 - 00:08:52) arv7519rw

Board: Lantiq ARV7519RW VRX200 Family Board
SoC:   Lantiq VRX288 v1.1
CPU:   500 MHz
IO:    250 MHz
BUS:   250 MHz
BOOT:  NOR
DRAM:  128 MiB
Flash: 32 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ltq-eth
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0 
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at b0080000 ...
   Image Name:   MIPS OpenWrt Linux-5.4.100
   Created:      2021-02-26  20:11:19 UTC
   Image Type:   MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    2611675 Bytes = 2.5 MiB
   Load Address: 80002000
   Entry Point:  80002000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... LZMA: uncompress or overwrite error 7 - must RESET b

If I understand correctly, uboot works fine, but it can't boot the linux kernel. Should I just try and flash sysupgrade through the u-boot or is the image broken/ there are some extra steps I need to take?

The usual procedure is:

• Boot the factory
  • Navigate the web GUI to the Firmware page (or use CLI sysupgrade procedure since you have a snapshot with no GUI)
  • Flash sysupgrae

Try: https://openwrt.org/toh/arcadyan/arv7519#installation

But... there is no factory image for it (?)

See link above:

only has a sysupgrade.bin but have to build your own

:warning: There's also a hardware warning, you may want to read the official page thoroughly.

Ok, I'll try to build the image myself. Also, I've read the warnings, and with have gotten some old pre-built LEDE image working, it's just weird that it all fell apart after trying to upgrade to the lastest snapshot

After following the quick image building guide I've only gotten sysupgrade and initramfs images. How do I build factory image?

I have managed to flash 18.06.4 (and also 19.07.7), but after upgrading to the latest snapshot, everything broke again. Might the latest snapshot just be broken? I have read somewhere that some router have had >2mb kernel problem and needed an intermediary build, but I have no clue which one should that be...

Broke how?

Is it boot looping again?

And if you have stable, why are you playing with snapshots?

Snapshots doesn't come with web UI, if that's what broken means to you...

It is broken in the same way as in the first message, openwrt cannot boot past u-boot on the latest snapshot (as I understand, it fails to decompress linux kernel image).
I'm fine with having no LuCi (and for me, it's not that difficult to install either) and I want to use snapshots for some of the features that are not in the release. I'm also concerned that once the snapshot becomes a release, that would also get broken.

Is the snapshot image physically larger than the 19.07?

It is 5.5MB vs 4.7, and the kernel is 2.5MB vs 1.9 on 19.07 I think

There have been recent posts about the LZMA issue.

I have just tried building LZO initramfs image but for some reason it still says that it's lzma compressed in u-boot and fails with the same message

Also, my u-boot environment:

arv7519rw # print
addconsole=setenv bootargs $bootargs console=$consoledev,$baudrate
addeth=setenv bootargs $bootargs ethaddr=$ethaddr
addip=setenv bootargs $bootargs ip=$ipaddr:$serverip::::$netdev:off
addmachtype=setenv bootargs $bootargs machtype=arv7519rw
baudrate=115200
bootcmd=bootm ${kernel_addr}
bootdelay=2
consoledev=ttyLTQ1
ethact=ltq-eth
ethaddr=00:01:02:03:04:05
ipaddr=192.168.1.4
kernel_addr=0xB0080000
load-uboot-nor=tftpboot u-boot.bin
load-uboot-norspl=tftpboot u-boot.ltq.norspl
load-uboot-norspl-lzma=tftpboot u-boot.ltq.lzma.norspl
load-uboot-norspl-lzo=tftpboot u-boot.ltq.lzo.norspl
loadaddr=0x81000000
netdev=eth0
serverip=192.168.1.150
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
update-uboot-nor=run load-uboot-norspl-lzo write-uboot-nor
write-openwrt=tftpboot lede-arv7519rw22.bin && protect off 0xB0080000 +$filesize && erase 0xB0080000 +$filesize && cp.b $fileaddr 0xB0080000 $filesize
write-uboot-nor=protect off 0xB0000000 +$filesize && erase 0xB0000000 +$filesize && cp.b $fileaddr 0xB0000000 $filesize

Environment size: 1066/8188 bytes

I have found a similar error (https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=commit;h=ea12a80276c0aca680d67515e7f651e2cef3f3ee). Might that mean I need to recompile uboot and reflash uboot?

Edit: If that's the case, I have just flashed the u-boot that was in toh and that aslo seems to be broken with the current snapshots

I have just built a gzip-compressed snapshot image and after flashing it (initramfs did not work because of gzip out of memory error) it works perfectly fine. I've also noticed that I've been able to directly flash squashfs-sysupgrade via u-boot as if it was a sysupgrade I'd suppose.

What would be the correct way to make it generate gzip-compressed images instead of lzma? I did it by changing everything lzma-related to gzip in image/Makefile, though I have very little clue of what I was actually doing...