Archer D50 Support

idk how to flash it. i need a dump for my external programmer (i have to take out the chip), as i told you i have problems with the serial port. yes i could stop autoot but it has strange symbols. i tried soldering several time,
maybe i damaged something becouse i use a 5v serial adapter.

Hey guys, sorry for my very long response...

@niknintendo I guess you solved already your problem. In my opinion I would rather recommend you to order a new serial Adapter and wouldn't use the power option from the adapter at all for serial. I would just connect GND, RX and TX, NO 5V or 3,3V. Just use the power plug from the router for power supply.

Anyway, maybe @numero53 I have strange switch configuration with my D50 with newest OpenWRT 19.07.7.

There is in my option one bridge-LAN-Port missing. There are just 3 LAN-Ports+1 WAN-Port and there are sometimes ping-messages that get lost...

So maybe you have also new Experiences with D50 or D7.

Here is a screenshot of my wireless and switch configuration.

Actually I manged to use the 5 GHz part as Client+AP (STA+AP). I noticed it's important to start with "scan"-button, select the network which you wanna join as client and afterwards you need to configure an AP-Mode with the same wifi-channel. In my case I use CH44.

So my idea is still, I wanna use QCA9880 (5GHz) as uplink from this device which should work or at least worked once with my FritzBox 7490 with 1,3 Gbit/s and use the 100 Mbit/s switch just for local devices. Also the AP-5GHz + 2GHz is for clients.

So maybe you can help me a bit with configuration and tell me about the switch and strange Ping-Dissapearing symtoms.

@gwlim I haven't checked if you did in the meantime some new images, but I think you also did one for D50 and D7. I wanna say thank you again and maybe you will also provide newer ones in the future with SFE.

My expierence is still that SFE is much fast with Hardware-NAT than NFT-Offloading.

Cheers and happy developing.

@niknintendo
Just my two cents, a bit later..
I have an italian d50 and serial boot in bootloader is unreadable by any mean at any baud (cp2102).. after bootloader the serial output becomes readable at 115200bps.
So I noticed that writing "tpl" at bootloader time, it stops like it should, so TX is somehow correctly put in uboot shell..
So openwrt can be installed writing to serial "blindly", with success :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has someone tried performance-tests? - I tried the version of gwlim with SFE-Offloading. It increases the performance dramaticly! I get iperf3 messurements from the D50 to my server with around 200 Mbit/s, but just down. My coverage is not very good from my FritzBox 7580 as AP. So I think the performance would reach even the 300 Mbit/s. - There is also an x-wrt version for Archer D50. Unfortunately I have no time at the moment for testing, but maybe someone is willed for further testing and reporting here. - I am still not sure if it's allowed to post the weblink here, but if you search for x-wrt you'll also find a fitting image für Archer D50.

Maybe someone could explain how to build our own community-build with openwrt 21.02.x and active SFE-Offloading? - I also compared SFE to software offloading with this and Archer D7. SFE-Offloading has much more performance than software offloading. So I think it's still worth to use SFE-Offloading of Qualcomm.