Archer C7 v2 LEDE factory install problem

hello all,

Trying to factory install LEDE on my Archer C7v2 i got this error: Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

The actual firmware is TP-LINK 3.15.1 Build 160616 Rel.44182n

Searching in the forum I understood that there are 3 different version of the firmware.
I tested all 3 firmware version (US-EU-and no country).
When i try to flash US or EU version (lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-us.bin or lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-eu.bin) i get a "please choose a file to upgrade" dialog.
When i try to flash the "no country" version (lede-17.01.2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin) i get the 18005 error.
For all the files i tested the sha256sum getting the right result.

Don't know how to proceed.
Thanks in advance for any help

[Solved] Archer C7 v2 - firmware version 3.15.1 - cannot install! - Help

First, make sure you choose the right lede image for your C7 (EU/US/IL/International) *, rename it to something short like factory.bin and then try to upload it. At least, that worked for me.

*Check the sticker on the bottom.
If it's not EU, US or IL then you have the International version.

Thank you angelos !!!
Renaming the file was the solution for me too, i greatly appreciate your suggestion.

hi,

sory noob question, but What are the differences between the US, EU, IL and International versions?

For what i understood, talking about Archer C7v2, TP-LINK put regional code in their firmware, so you must use the LEDE firmware with the same regional code otherwise you cannot flash. Except for the regional code I think that the various firmware are the same, please someone correct me if this is not exact. Noob too here :slight_smile:

You are correct. The tp-link stock firmware is software region locked so you need to use the corresponding region when flashing LEDE, or sysupgrade. Other than that, same functionalities.

Hi, I'm trying to download latest stable release the firmware for Archer C7 v2 EU factory (archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-eu.bin) but it looks like the link is broken (404 Not Found). The development version, though, is available.