Archer C6 on 22.03.2 crashes every ~3 days

Good to know, I will refrain from upgrading stock firmware before flashing new devices then. Thank you for the headsup.

From his ranting all over the place about his routers crashing it's not clear what he means with "OpenWrt no longer installs"
Yet we saw no bug report about his crashy routers.

1 Like

I've been running this script for a while. I am still getting crashes, but not as regularly.

1 Like

Crashes = reboots?

I am running it with little differences, first of all the time interval is 1 minute and also I register in a file en /tmp the occurences. I am planning to register also the memory and cpu usage over time.

Later I can give more details.

For me it’s worse than a reboot because the router doesn’t come back up, instead it gets stuck in a loop. I don’t believe that anyone has tried connecting a serial console to see what is reported when this occurs.

As I described, the behavior I have found is:

  1. The RAM fills almost to full
  2. The device gets "frozen" (it is impossible to connect to the device via wifi or ethernet)
  3. After some minutes the devices reboots, or continues "frozen" indefinitely

With the script running, I could verify that it stopped the issue before point 1 occurs (at 75 MB of usage the "wifi" command goes back to normal values of RAM usage).

It looks like one of the developers is working on some improvements to the MT76 support which may help to properly fix this issue!


Ok, so part of the fix has is now in the OpenWRT master branch.

It should be available in the SNAPSHOT builds in the next 24-48 hours, or you could build it yourselves.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Just to keep you all in the loop, I’ve built a patched version of 22.03.3 containing the fix for mac80211. I’m hoping that by basing my test on top of the stable release branch I won’t hit unrelated bugs and can verify whether the problem is fixed.

I’ve been using it for 11 hours and so far it hasn’t exploded. Fingers crossed!