Archer A6 v3: Setting up multiple connected DHCP pools

I am trying to set up a network in a way that devices connected to port 1 of the router are routed to a subnet or DHCP range of 192.168.0.x, devices connected to port 2 are routed to 192.168.1.x, port 3 to 192.168.2.x, and 4 to 192.168.3.x. Any device anywhere on this network needs to also be able to communicate with any other device (eg 192.168.1.50 can communicate with 192.168.3.20 and vice versa).

My understanding was that the best way to do this would be DHCP pooling on separate interfaces, and then setting up a bridge, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set this up properly, I can get devices to show up in the right place when looking at the routing page, but I am never able to communicate with them. What am I doing wrong?

If your network configuration and routing is in order, you might want to add all networks to the same firewall zone. That should suffice for devices connected to any LAN port to be able to communicate with others, despite different subnets.

If you already edited your firewall config and it still is not working, please post the content of the following files, with any passwords, keys, etc. redacted (!):

/etc/config/network
/etc/config/dhcp
/etc/config/firewall

I did attempt to set that firewall information up, but I still couldn’t get it to work. Ill re-set all that up and post it here for reference tomorrow. Thanks again!

After resetting the router, re-doing all the configuration, and setting up the firewall it seems to be working. Very likely I just missed something while doing the configuration the first time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.