Airplay across cascading networks

I have a network based on an orbi router that is the front facing network at my house. It is password protected, but I give access to wifi to every visitor because we have zero cell service at my house. I have a nanopi R4S with openwrt connected to a lan port on the orbi. A Deco mesh is connected as AP to the nanopi, but openwrt does all of the firewall and router functions. All of my private data and IOT devices are on the nanopi/Deco network. I use a HomeKit environment with HomePod speakers. everything works just as I hoped except that I cannot airplay from the "orbi" network to the "Deco" network. I can of course do the opposite. I have done the following:

install Avahi daemon and enabled the mdns reflector
opened port 5353 on my firewall rules

This has allowed me to resolve the hostnames of my HomePods from a device on the "orbi" network. It will not connect or play though. When I ping the HomePods by hostname, it resolves the IP, but all packets are lost.

I have attempted to open various ports 80, 554,443,3689,49152-65535 in response to other forum postings, but without success.

any recommendations? Thank you.

I have found another solution. I added all but one HomePod to the "orbi" network under another apple account and made the permission to play music open to all. then I invited my primary account from that account. now I can play from both networks. not really a openwrt solution, but its working for me.