Adding support for Mikrotik Hap AX2

if it's realy 4x 1.8ghz then it's a shame why they only use 1Gb ports on such a powerfull device, that's overkill.
The RB4011 and RB5009, clocked @1.4ghz have a SFP+, and a 2.5gb port on the RB5009.
if they wanted to make it cheap, with only 1gb ports, why choose a more powerful and probably more expensive CPU ?

Btw, in a plastic case, it's going to be difficult to dissipate heat if it runs at 4x 1.8ghz

Because of AX, you need a CPU that supports it or rather expensive PCIe cards.
CPU itself has one 2.5/10G port, but they did not use it.

Despite the clock, CPU is low power and not hard to cool at all.
I have a bunch fo IPQ807x series which are more power hungry and with a decent heatsink they are all cool

2 Likes

The ax3600 (ipq8071a) needs surprisingly little power, 6.5 watts idle.

compared to rt3200, the mikrotik is better for fiber optic with sqm ?

1 Like

Only if NSS offloading were available (and/ or with better switch drivers).

ipq807x and ipq601x are higher spec than mt7622bv+mt7915 on paper and offer more potential, but unleashing it all will be considerably more difficult and take longer.

2 Likes

Both Chateau LTE18 ax and 5G ax are sold with a clearly mentioned IPQ6010 @1.8Ghz

1 Like

As expected, there's the hAP AX3.

TLDR: Same chipset, external antennas, 1x2.5G with PoE in/out, USB 3 port.

2 Likes

nice ! very good device :muscle::ok_hand:

1 Like

I still don't understand why they keep putting only one 2.5Gbp port...what would it cost more to put all ports at 2.5gbps.

HW limit, they could do two 2.5G ports max, but that would mean removing all gigabit ones

FCCID dropped: Mikrotikls SIA hAP ax2 C52-5AXD2AXD FCC ID TV7C52-5AXD2AXD

Has anybody seen this or ax3 in the "wild"?

Out of stock everywhere afaik

Yeah, Getic (ex EuroDK) doesn't even have an ETA

hAP ax3 also poped up on their website finally:

Its really weird that it was pretty much everywhere except on the official site, Getic says its gonna be 150-ish EUR, no ETA obviously

1 Like

not too bad

They're popping up in batches every couple of weeks. I was able to grab a hAP ax3 from roc-noc.com earlier this month, $160 shipped. They had a batch of about 70, sold out now. Pretty solid little device so far.

I am very novice regarding networking and started the journey 2 months ago, bought an hAP ax3 from Getic, with fast delivery, and around 150 euros including shipping. It is very well built.
I bought it with the intention to use it with openWRT but only noticed that it is not supported when I sat down to install it.
RouterOS is not too bad but I would be very happy if there would be an option to install openWRT on it. If there is something I can help with, I will do my best to support the work.

Best
Fabian

i am also patiently waiting for support for this device :slight_smile:

this would be a great swap for my hap ac2.

You could save the RouterOS support dump supout, copy it to your computer, and decode it.
The supout file has some device-specific data (serial & MAC addresses), and the exported settings (your Wi-Fi config), which you generally want to remove before you share it externally.

dropdown example finding & replacing supout device-specific parts

You can find your serial and MAC address on the box it came in, or in RouterOS under /system routerboard print, and /interface ethernet print.
Example for an old hapac2 supout I have (where ef:c4 are the third-last and second-last part of my MAC address, and C6140 is the start of this serial). The file number prefix will change.

grep --files-with-match --color  --binary-files=text -iE '(ef:?c4:?[[:xdigit:]]{2}|C6140)' *
01_.debug
03_.proc
04_.startup
05_.livetrace
10_export
12_ethernet
13_switch
24_bridge
45_routerboard
47_wireless
48_wirelessdump

# replace these identifiers with A's
sed -i  -E -e 's/EF(:?)C4(:?)/AA\1AA\2/g;s/ef(:?)c4(:?)/aa\1aa\2/g;s/C6140/AAAAA/g;' *
# check that worked
grep --files-with-match --color  --binary-files=text -iE '(ef:?c4:?[[:xdigit:]]{2}|C6140)' *

If this is a configured device, you will want to look through and clean up the 10_export file, or just delete it.

Then share the decoded, cleaned-up supout export files with us, and we can get a better look at how things work.