Hi there, I'm trying to add support for the Engenius enh1350ext and have run into a few problems. Here's some basic information about the device first:
- ipq4018 (very similar to ens620ext which is already supported)
- IP67 rated outdoor AP with 802.11af PoE
- Single ethernet port
- 32MB flash and 256MB memory
Here's what I've done so far:
- Removed board from case (you have to destroy the case to do this) and soldered on serial console headers.
- With the serial console you have access to u-boot, but not the stock firmware. I can use an ssh hack to get a root shell though.
- I have extracted the device tree from the stock firmware file as well as the board files for the radios. The stock device tree is for a much older kernel, so I didn't find it too helpful, but someone with more experience may glean some important info from it.
- I updated the build system to support it, and added a device tree based on the ens620ext dts.
- I can network boot the device with the image I created using the master branch of openwrt (should I be using 21.02 instead?). I had originally started work using 19.07, but moved to master to be up to date.
There are two things I'd like some help with:
- ath10k won't load the board file. Here's one of the printk lines when you load ath10k_pci which shows a truncated variant name:
[ 5195.181666] ath10k_ahb a800000.wifi: failed to fetch board data for bus=ahb,vendor=0000,device=0000,subsystem-vendor=0000,subsystem-device=0000,variant=EnGenius-ENH135 from ath10k/QCA4019/hw1.0/board-2.bin
The variant is correct in both the device tree and in the board file, so I'm not sure what is going on here. I actually got wifi working in the 19.07 build I created, so I'm sure the board file is good.
- I'd like to get vlans to work on the ethernet port. I know there's been lots of problems with these ipq40xx boards in the past, but I have vlans working on both the eap1300 and ens620ext (linux vlans, not configuring the switch) and can't see why it won't work with this board.
I can provide a diff of the build tree, the board files, or anything else.