Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi Redmi AC2100

If someone can guide how and what information do you need about this router I can help since I have one.

Ok, since 2 days ago I have managed to find the setting. Only on desktop you can see the whole thing. You can change channels, dns, qos, vpn...everything is there...on desktop :slight_smile: can not find this on phone even if you set desktop site.

Hardware-wise this device is probabably pretty similar to New Xiaomi Router AC2100

There's also a teardown of this device http://www.qsswds.com/pingce/93.html

1 Like

I have this router as well, if you need something that I can extract, please let me know. Is it possible to unlock 160MHz on this model or that's not how any of this works? :smiley:

Perfect, it looks like it has UART on board, good to know. I'm just waiting for one to arrive.

1 Like

No progress on this, guys? I'm in doubt if I should buy this or the Mi Router 3G v1 that already supports OpenWRT

2 Likes

I'm from mainland China, and I'm also a user of Xiaomi router. I've used the router you mentioned. I think it's very nice to use. But ac2100 is worth buying.

Hey!The second link is missing.

Hey guys,
I've got a couple of these routers on my way from China, any progress with this project?
Did anyone tried this exploit https://github.com/acecilia/OpenWRTInvasion on this router?

10x...

Vulnerability PoC doesn't work on 1.0.11.

Unfortunately, doesn't work.

1 Like

Why Xiaomi don't want us to overwrite their SW ? Why they care ? I dont understand it.

Anyone use this as daily?

I read a lot of complains of poor internet speed vs the Xiaomi Firmware.

I do as access points, I have 4 and they work great, notice the 70d uptime:

1 Like

As Wireless AP?

Receiving signal by cable and delivering Wi-Fi and Cable in several VLANs is what i need.

Watching this and the Linksys MR8300, but the Linksys is twice the price.

yes, receiving signal by ethernet from the main router spreading through the house.
I didn't configure any vlan though...

1 Like

Good range and speeds? I have 500down/200up and right now only get 90/90 because my secundary isn't Gigabit. I saw on youtube review the Redmi AC2100 delivering only 70mb with OpenWRT...

Tested on my phone, Mi 10.
I'm getting a bit better download speed on my macbook pro

My connection is 500/50

2 Likes

Hello Guys,
I think I screwed up and now I’ve disabled my router. :frowning:

I’ve tried several tutorials and I can’t get out of it, the router is with the blue lights on, but I can’t find it using any address, I use it as a router, because I have a modem from my Fiber Operator and I can only access internet because I activated wifi on this modem (is not very good the signal)..

You appear to already be on an openwrt image, use a sysupgrade with sysupgrade, not 'mtd write'.