Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

The size is choosen to have the required distance between the antennas i think.

@robimarko they really have gone mad with wifi interrupts... Anyway do we have a driver that have priority than others to port on the router?

1 Like

I would say wired networking.
Well yeah, ath11k is a bit mad when it comes to interrupts

1 Like

You mean make it working with the dsa driver?

I mean, get it working anyway.
Probably by porting the QSDK one

oh... I thought we had something... Well i will try to port the qsdk driver (since i will have to do this anyway to make nss work)
Think I will use the source from qsdk10... is that problematic?

So about ethernet we have only your mdio driver and nothing else? (broken/not working)

No, unfortunately, we have nothing.
Once DSA works on IPQ40xx the same driver could be used for 5 gigabit ports as its the same switch inside.
2.5 and 10G ports have their own dedicated ethernet ports and are connected directly through a PHY.

Please use QSDK 11.2, QSDK10 is too old for IPQ8074 v2.

3 Likes

But our ax3600 doesn't have such ports, right?

It doesnt, but IPQ807x family does.
This is not just about supporting a single board.

2 Likes

just to make sure... the driver we should port is this...

No, that is for IPQ40xx.
IPQ807x, IPQ60xx and they even ported IPQ806x to it use:

This is the new switchdev based driver.

1 Like

anyway i'm confused... looking at the qsdk dts we have

"qcom,ess-switch-ipq807x"

With a scary amount of clocks and interrupts (with the nss related interrupts)

and in the device dts (for example hk02)

we have

compatible = "qcom,nss-dp";

From a quick review, the dp driver doesn't have compatibles about the ess switch

You also need the SSDK, ESS switch is there.

1 Like

really wonder how this mess can be pushed upstream o.o

In the form Qualcomm uses it there is no way, especially the mess they call SSDK.
The only way is to rewrite them into proper ethernet and then switch drivers

Anyway some info... ssdk looks like is compiling... anyway it's a real mess... they have all kind of things is ssdk. (also makefile and some other thing needs to be modified since they hardcode some not standard value)

Yes, SSDK is probably the worst one.

fun thing... a missing include in the linux kernel for arm64/asm/uaccess.h (JUST HOW O.O) (kernel guy reported that the problem was just qcom using the wrong include instead of the generic one)

Except a missing export (swconfig) i have this...
Any idea? (seems to be related to gcc and new kernel but I can't find why this doesn't get trigger in other modules)

ERROR: modpost: "__stack_chk_guard" [/home/ansuel/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-ipq807x_generic/qca-ssdk-nohnat/qca-ssdk-92db8b86/temp//qca-ssdk.ko] undefined!
1 Like

There are a couple of hints here:

perhaps passing -nostdlib to the gcc could help

As I said this doesn't explain why i don't get this error for all the other module o.o