Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

Can I install OpenWRT on a Netgear SXK80? I don’t see there is support for it yet but I think there is support for the chipsets already.

What is missing?

Btw: I found today this URL im case it is useful

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/SXK80-V3.2.0.108_gpl_src.tar.bz2.zip

unsure the problem is... all is working here for a couple of years with dhcp ... so i suggest you look at your build not the firmware for these devices (ipq807x)

this thread relates to the xiaomi ax3600 ... not Netgear SXK80 !

2 Likes

Both are based on the same chipsets. That’s why I’m asking here. But if that’s a problem feel free to ignore my question

1 Like

not a problem ... I guess one would have to define a dts for this device and understand the uboot process (first it is not locked)... checking the firmware it is based on QCA (what a surprise) and kernel 4.4.60

more details on this device - https://fccid.io/PY320100484

There was an attempt by @Flole to add support for the SXR80/SXS80, but it was never finished.

Please open new topics for any devices that are not Xiaomi AX3600.

Thanks!

1 Like

No need, this thread has been the gathering ground for all IPQ807x devices.
We have an IPQ807x specific thread, but its way less popular

4 Likes

Why am I getting issues like this open?

Just close it with „No repro“ or something like that. Seems one of those chinese custom builds.

Can confirm this. After this build ipq807x-2022-08-28-1310 your patches to enlarge rootfs no more works. changelog of this build:

Use buildroot built DTB-s
    This removes the need for us to patch the kernel so it builds DTB-s.
    It also speeds up testing DTS changes as they dont require a kernel rebuild,
    rather buildroot will just rebuild the DTS at the end.
    Enable WolfSSL ARMv8 Crypto Extensions by default

@Ansuel if you can rebase on top of latest robi build and fix it I would be very grateful!

done thanks for the report!

3 Likes

Hi, I have recently installed openwrt from robimarko's pre-built images and happy with the performance.

I want to replace my Linksys EA8100 with this as my main router, but I use wireguard client and server, and unfortunately kmod-wireguard is not part of the pre-built packages.

I'm otherwise perfectly happy with the stock builds and would rather not go down the router of building from source all the time, and screwing it up at least half the time. Could this get added to the stock builds?

This question has been asked over and over again, the answer is: no.

Robimarkos builds contain only the basic packages, nothing else.

If you need anything else, you have to compile your own image.

3 Likes

FYI: I'm regularly building ax3600 and ax6 based on latest Robimarko's commits with all modules.

3 Likes

There is a bunch of people building images from robimarko repo.
If you search in GitHub you will find very fast.

1 Like

I imagine that everyone has different requirements, and I can understand the wish to keep it clean. Thanks for letting me know.

I want to revert back to stock firmware from OpenWrt. What ssh commands are needed to flash stock firmware for ax3600?

Hi, I am very happy with development for the AX3600, just have two questions.

1. on radio1 HE160 works only if channel is set to 'auto' or '36', at least it is my experience?

option channel 'auto' OR option channel '36'
option htmode 'HE160'

1. When analyzing router with Aruba Utilities (com.arubanetworks.arubautilities) on Android
    Aruba Utilities - Apps on Google Play

for 5.0 (radio 1)
7 counttry:
DE
channel 36-39 maxpowr 30dBm (regardless of power limitation)(same for all EU)
channel 52-55maxpwr 24dBm (regardless of power limitation)(same for all EU)
channel 100-110 maxpowr 24dBm (regardless of power limitation)(same for all EU)
32 Power constraint:
educed by 3dB below country max (regardless of power limitation)

for 2.4 (radio 2) report
7 counttry:
DE
channel 1-11 maxpowr 30dBm (regardless of power limitation)

It was mentioned that regulatory is messed up before so this is expected state currently or might have somethong to do with with my prior bdata_mtd9 header modification
ax3600-files/scripts at master · odedlaz/ax3600-files · GitHub
CountryCode: EU-> US?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

In fact it is "complete". All that's missing are the installation instructions. Those are basically running this in u-boot after the image is flashed:

setenv bootdni 'run bootdni2'
setenv bootdni1 'loadn_dniimg 0 0x1980000 0x40000000; calc_rootadd 0x1980000 0x40000000; iminfo 0x40000028; if test $? -ne 0; then echo \"linux checksum error\"; boot_partition_set 2; reset; fi; iminfo $rootfs_addr_for_fw_checking; if test $? -ne 0; then echo \"rootfs checksum error\"; boot_partition_set 2; reset; fi; nand read 0x40000000 0x1980000 0x06d00000;'
setenv bootdni2 'loadn_dniimg 0 0x8680000 0x40000000; calc_rootadd 0x8680000 0x40000000; iminfo 0x40000028; if test $? -ne 0; then echo \"linux checksum error\"; boot_partition_set 1; reset; fi; iminfo $rootfs_addr_for_fw_checking; if test $? -ne 0; then echo \"rootfs checksum error\"; boot_partition_set 1; reset; fi; nand read 0x40000000 0x8680000 0x06d00000;'
saveenv
reset

I suggest booting an initramfs image, then doing the sysupgrade to install it and then run the commands to boot the newly installed image. If someone installs this please check if I missed any steps, once that is completed it should be ready for merging.

1 Like