Adding OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3600 (Part 1)

Thank you very much! How can I install the plugin? Its not in opkg for me and I cant find any ipk download links online

Hello @dchard, I got these on latest build, ax6.
x are MAC address of clients

ath11k c000000.wifi: Failed to add peer: x for VDEV: 0
ath11k c000000.wifi: Failed to add station: x for VDEV: 0
ath11k c000000.wifi: Failed to add peer: x for VDEV: 1
ath11k c000000.wifi: Failed to add station: x for VDEV: 1

Do you get the same log on latest build? I have seen your previous post reported about this issue

Small issue with ax3600 as dumb ap I've set the bridge as DHCP client and works pretty good apart when the bridge dhcp lease expires the hole bridge goes down a few seconds..... If you are streaming something it's really bad..... Any ideeas apart from setting it to static ip?

Yes, I do have them.

1 Like

I placed the cpu to performance mode and it looks like its more stable. Thanks.

Maybe someone knows: after setting wifi 2,4ghz the settings got set immediately after enabling wifi before i pressed safe and apply. The encryption wasn't set and some of my smart light switches connected. after setting encryption i can't reconnect them. Resetted them 100 times. Always got this:

Wed May  4 23:31:24 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan2: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d
Wed May  4 23:31:30 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan2: STA d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
Wed May  4 23:31:31 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan2: STA d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Wed May  4 23:31:45 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan2: STA d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response
Wed May  4 23:31:56 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan2: STA d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Wed May  4 23:31:56 2022 daemon.info hostapd: wlan2: STA d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 4)
Wed May  4 23:31:56 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan2: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH d4:a6:51:54:c2:6d

disabled ldpc, disabled WWM mode, set to N or legacy, enabled CRACK. Nothing helps.

Did you check if it support wpa2? Some wireless light only supports wpa.

This is because of legal constraints or because technically is not possible yet?

Legally, proprietary blobs can only be distributed in open-source projects, if the copyright-holder for the blobs allows it. Also, the copyright-holder has to explicitly give the permission, it cannot just be implied.

As for technical side, even if you googled around and download literally every single proprietary blob in existence and put it on the device, nothing would happen -- the blobs by themselves do literally nothing just by lying around. For a blob to be useful, there has to exist a driver that actually uses that blob. If there is no driver, the blob is useless.

Just technical, cause they are redistributable and posted publicly by QCA on their Github along with the license that say so.

Jeez, this was it. Had to explicitly set it to wpa2-psk. It was on wpa2-psk/wpa3-SAE mixed mode, but here the cipher menue is missing (after switching, it was on auto, which was enough. Could read that cipher AES is needed for those devices). I thought mixed mode negotiates what is needed, but obviously i am missing something. Thanks a lot!

So what issues prevent using them. I might help debugging/developing in this are if it's required I'm specially interested in pppoe offloading. Without HW accelerated I doubt we can achieve 1GB full duplex on a fiber line.

Drivers, everything is made for their customized 5.4 kernel

I had flashed my router, but it's not booting.
I was able to ssh in to it, upload the latest image form robimarko.

The "nvram get flag_boot_rootfs" return 0 so i had run the following commands:

ubiformat /dev/mtd13 -f /tmp/openwrt-ipq807x-generic-xiaomi_ax3600-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi -s 2048 -O 2048
nvram set flag_last_success=1
nvram set flag_boot_rootfs=1
nvram commit
reboot

None of the commands give me any error but the router is unable to start.
How much time should I wait until I cut the power? I'm afraid it's doing something and cutting the power brick it.

It has passed some good 15m

Did you checked that the mtd13 partition is the right one to be flashed?
The full instruction from Robi had explicitly the step to check it before flashing

And finally, SPF 11.5 NSS FW:

6 Likes

No ipq806x :frowning:
Wonder if this will work with WiFi...

IPQ806x and IPQ4019 aint supported after 11.5 anyway and they refused to release FW for 11.4 as well for it.

We can finally update the SSDK and NSS-DP and the company, it looks like its based of QSDK.12 branches

So official EOL and dropped
Pay attention that qsdk12.something minor is totally ath12k stuff like they dropped everything in wlan open... I'm still confused of the meaning of the minor version

They had a long support life, now its ARM64 only.

Yeah, QSDK.12.1.5.rX is ath12k, you can find the ath12k bringup in Kalle-s repo as well.
QSDK.12.0 should be the latest one.