Adding DHCP Server enabled to Network Interfaces page

For IP ranges, The Network --> Interfaces does list the static ip address E.G. **IPv4:** 192.168.20.1/24. The interface name solves the problem of remembering the purpose of interface. Hopefully a small change could be including a DHCP Server enabled: true/false on the Interfaces page.

1 Like

Do you mean something like this:

1 Like

In principle yes, but I had the problem with earlier versions that this box was not checked but I still did not get an IP via DHCP e.g. with a guest interface created by me. Only by manually adding the option dhcpv4 'server' in /etc/config/dhcp in the guest section it did work.

In consequence this non-checked box mislead me before I ckecked the config file ....IIRC

This only happens when odhcpd is used instead of dnsmasq as main DHCPv4 server. Afair LuCI does not support this scenario.

2 Likes

You are right but for a beginner/intermediate this is unexpected. At least it was for me ;- )

It would be really helpful if this could be changed, perhaps at least I could check the wiki and make a remark if there is not already one.....

No that is sort of buried. I was hoping for new line here right below IPv4

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 11.55.15 AM