Add support for TP-Link RE205 v2 Repeater

Hi Devs,

Is it possible to add support for TP-Link wireless repeater RE205v2? The hardware seems very same as RE200v4, going by the chipset used (But the form factor is similar to RE305 v1). I pulled open my device and here is a picture of the same.

Is it safe to flash the firmware for RE200v4 onto this (I did try using web gui but an error resulted - is there a way to force the firmware flash?)? Can I recover from a bad flash without attaching serial cables? I guess a serial cable is required to obtain the boot log from this device? I guess the boot log is required to edit the makefiles and add support for a new device in OpenWrt ImageBuilder?

No, it is not safe. But at least it works for V3 hardware. So you can give it a try, but you should first check that you can de-brick you device in case it gets brick...

If you still want to spend time on this take a look at https://github.com/openwrt/firmware-utils . tplink-safeloader is the tool that does the factory-images.
Search the sources for RE205 and RE200 and add support for your hardware version.

You will need to setup correct identifiers in the sources. You can use the same tool to extract the identifiers from a stock image.