Adblock support thread

I have Scribzee (on Android connected to my router's WIFI) and Adblock by default blocks Scribzee's synchronization. If I stop Adblock, synchronization works.
How can I trace what domains are blocking synchronization?
How can I enable logging and watch what is being blocked?

I was using the adb_jail.list file with dnsmasq manually and works fine with the example:

server=/domain/#
server=/#/

Since the report message feature + the autogenerated list from the gui would be handy I tried switching back to adb.
jail list generation ended up like this:

local=/domain/#
address=/#/

Those parameters are no valid options for dnsmasq.
Am I missing anything?

Do you know why addblock leaves me without internet on a wired pc with windows 10? start the pc and it takes several minutes to have internet, sometimes it is not connected, you have to put ip by dhcp. suspending addblock solves the problem. just say the problem is on wired LAN. wifi devices without problems, 2 pc windows 10, with this problem.

[image]

@dibdot awesome package, keep up the fabulous work :grinning:

I am trying to obtain the "running" status however the command returns nothing. I found BanIP has the same behaviour. My use case is to create a simple HTTP RESTful end point using the luci-app-commands package so I can obtain the running status in Home Assistant. I was expecting this command to return a one word response, i.e. paused, running, stopped, etc. but it returns null.

# /etc/init.d/adblock running

Hi

1. DNS report has a filter accessible via its Refresh button. What is its format? I wish to exclude some host or domain from results (e.g domain1.com and domain2.net), how to do it?

2. Is it possible to set that filter in the config? If not, could it be added in a close future? I feel it would be useful for many, depending on their usage, to always exclude for instance the router itself from the DNS report.

Starting with dnsmasq 2.86, dnsmasq crashes for me when I enable adblock (segmenation fault). I already tried reducing the blocklist, but the crashes remain. See Adblock crashes dnsmasq (SIGSEGV) in recent trunk

A negative filter to exclude things is not supported yet.

From procd perspective most of the time the adblock service is "running: false", cause adblock doesn't run as a daemon in background. You can check that with ...

ubus call service list '{"name":"adblock"}'

Just parse /etc/init.d/adblock status or take the json status file to directly parse json. By default this file is placed in /tmp/adb_runtime.json.

Which adblock version did you use? If you're using adblock 4.x just remove any "serversfile" entries in /etc/config/dhcp - this format is no longer used.

That's the perfect solution, I didn't realise I could consume a JSON file from the temp directory :grinning: I've done this for Adblocker and BanIP and it works just fine. Here is the screen output in Home Assistant. Thanks for your help :+1:

1 Like

I'm using 4.0.7. No serversfile entries at the moment. Tried this from one of your earlier posts to make the jail list work manually.
Since then i worked out copying the adb_list.jail to /var/dnsmasq.d/ dir removing the adb_list.overall from there and restarting dnsmasq worked quite fine.

While this is my main dnsmaq instance and i don't need any additional (just one very restrictive network) I'm using it the "wrong way". But isn't it possible to activate the jail list for the main instance automaticly.

The other thing that might work ist to arange the list in place after it's generated once and set adblock to a manual update cycle so dnsmasq wouldn't get restartet mit the adb_list.overall in place. That would be quite usefull cause the only thing allowed on this network is windows updates and some special stuff, but nothings changing on even a weekly basis.

Thanks for your work and support!

4.1.3, stock with stock 21.02.0.

I'm noticing that yoyo is not downloading, due to invalid SSH certificate. Also thought I was having difficulty in removing it from the list by unchecking, though trying it one last time it did seem to finally save "unchecked" as a selection and remove it from the list.

Which list blocks outbrain clickbaits? Thank you very much for your help.

Not reproducible - works for me. Did you use curl for downloading? I didn't follow all the threads but there seems to be some SSL related problems with curl+wolfSSL library ATM.

No, using the default (?) uclient-fetch. Or, at least that's what's set there now.

Here's a log snippet:

Mon Oct 25 23:56:57 2021 user.info adblock-4.1.3[32323]: adblock instance started ::: action: reload, priority: 0, pid: 32323
Mon Oct 25 23:57:00 2021 user.info adblock-4.1.3[32323]: download of 'yoyo' failed, url: https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=nohtml&showintro=0&mimetype=plaintext, rule: /^([[:alnum:]_-]{1,63}\.)+[[:alpha:]]+([[:space:]]|$)/{print tolower($1)}, categories: -, rc: 5, log: Downloading 'https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=nohtml&showintro=0&mimetype=plaintext' Connecting to 213.230.210.230:443 Connection error: Invalid SSL certificate
Mon Oct 25 23:57:06 2021 user.info adblock-4.1.3[32323]: blocklist with overall 86656 blocked domains loaded successfully (NA ZBOX-CI327NANO-GS-01, OpenWrt 21.02.0 r16279-5cc0535800)

What am I doing wrong? x)

Well, that is informative! Nobody here has a clue!

Maybe a bit of background about how you got to there? What version/platform you are trying to run it on. Or even posting output of uci export adblock would be a start at least.

1 Like

Im using the community build for rpi4: Rpi4 < $(community_build) - #1534 by swanson

What are using for your run utilities to pull down your sources - uclient-fetch, wget. . .

Try this: /etc/init.d/adblock status

1 Like

(this build only) ENABLEDSERVICES

2 Likes