how can i access my to my files from outside my home network?
for example i want to stream my media content which is plugged as Usb Drive from outside.
need some ideas and thoughts.
A VPN is probably the most secure method. You can also look at using some media server software like plex and others.
Wireguard is a good VPN software, straightforward and has a web GUI available for easy OpenWrt setup.
And it now has a comparable Windows client called TunSafe - that you can install your own Wireguard configs into.
OpenVPN is another good option.
is there any plugin in Luci webinterface?
A simple solution would be great , without loosing much time for config etc.?
It comes with luci-app-wireguard
could someone guide me how to set the settings? I really want get working this.
Have you installed it yet?
I see it in Luci. What are the next steps?
- Make a private key for the new interface (you will have to use the command line - see: https://www.wireguard.com/quickstart/)
- make a private key for your peer
- decide on numbering for the network
- add new private key
- create peer by adding it's public key
- open the port on firewall for WG interface to receive inbound UDP
- Add to a firewall zone