A20 I2S audio and change DTS files

Hello,

I'm working on a custom Alwinner A20 board and I would like to enable I2S audio. But I can't find any DTS file in the toolchain, how should I change the DTS files for the A20 architecture. Or if anyone has an I2S example, this would be great.

Kind regards,
Daan

they are in the build_dir kernel, you can patch them there, some dts are also in u-boot

Thank you @lucize, I was able to change the DTS file and now I have audio from the A20 SoC. I'm now also looking to have an I2S audio card.

Basically I connected the Microelektronica wm8731 board (https://www.mikroe.com/audio-codec-proto-board) to i2s0 and i2c1.

I also compiled the sun4i-i2s kernel module but I wasn't able to get any sound card device. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Kind regards,
Daan

1 Like

did you tried to see the armbian sdk how it has them ?
I have the lime2 and at the moment I'm polishing the xorg suite, I have much work to do on starting the video, maybe if I'll keep the board I'll look into audio also, but I only have hdmi

I'm currently trying to achieve I2S audio in armbian but without success. See this topic of me:

Kind regards,
Daan

Hello,

I am interested in bringing up the I2S audio with an A20 board as well. Could you document exactly what you had to do to enable that ?
I see there are overlays for I2S but I assume that is not the only thing needed.

I'd really appreciate if you could share how you got I2S sound working on the A20.

Thanks !

Bruno