802.11ax Routers

I have one acting as my primary Internet router for a few days already. While i can not comment about NAT performance due to my limited bandwith, iperf was ale to saturate the 2.5 Gbit/s port without issues and WiFi performance did exceed 1 Gbit/s.

I have a working tree in my tufax4200 branch. Issue at the moment is the bootloader not booting master kernel as it attempts to reserve the non-DDR memory regions for WED. I did ping Felix about that and he looks into a fix.

Installation requires a serial console, as the bootloaders flash boot procedure does not allow for booting FIT images with initrd integrated. This might be fixable in the future.

Only thing not working on the HW itself is the LAN LEDs.

5 Likes

RG-R6, another MT7622 based AX3200 router from Reyee.

https://fccid.io/2AX5J-R6/

There are two 4 pin connectors on the PCB, as on the RG-R5, one of them should be the serial port.

Buy me now at $60 and up, on US eBay, auctions start around $37.

I've come back and just tested NAT performance. My test-setup was limited to 1 Gbit/s, but i was able to push 941 Mbit/s NAT traffic between LAN and WAN. Also Felix did push a fix for the WED memory regions, I've rebased my branch onto master and nothing obvious broke.

I've added installation instructions from my memory, Once I've verified these were indeed correct the patches will be upstreamed.

Also, please keep discussion public (aka here) and don't message me in private about images, etc. There's nothing to gain here in 1:1 communication.

3 Likes

I ordered the Asus AX1800U a while ago and immediately flashed OpenWRT onto it.

Nice first impressions. Many thanks to hw driver devs.

Thanks for the update.

Got mine flashed and running.

My initial mistake was that I was trying to boot an initramfs image that was too large, packages, and it was failing to boot. Using the device's default .config worked fine.

A big thanks for supporting this device.

I was able to simplify the flashing instrucciones also by renaming the initramfs to TUF-AX4200.trx and setting my ip address to 192.168.1.70, these are the defaults uboot has set and looks for, then you only need to tftpboot and bootm the image.

A post was split to a new topic: Asus TUFAX4200 - incorrect MAC address for each interface

Offer in Amazon.de for the Xiaomi AX3600. One to the bag straight away :slight_smile:

Almost the same price as the ASUS RT-53U (AX1800U) I was also planning to buy but double the best in all senses. Maybe in EU the only better alternative is the Dynalink WSM because of the 2.5GbE WAN port. Unfortunatelly, that product is not going to see my office anytime soon.

Now with this + my ZyXELs AX1800 (Multy M1, WSM20), I'm done for a couple of years :slight_smile: Hope we can hack them anytime soon

Unfortunately no usb port in Xiaomi ax3600, so I bought dynalink dl-wrx36 from UK and paid some extra cost for shipping and taxes.

you are buy where in uk ? thanks

from this seller in ebay, had to buy also a cheap uk to eu plug adaptor because the router came with uk plug but that was expected

1 Like

Amazon good price: $79.99

https://www.amazon.com/Dynalink-DL-WRX36-8-Stream-Wireless-3-6Gbps/dp/B096K9SVCT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=120P3QYMXQ4T9&keywords=Dynalink+WiFi+6+AX3600&qid=1680289253&sprefix=dynalink+wifi+6+ax3600%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUjVJSU1DWjFFVkdGJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzY1NTAwMlRDTkY1NVJHTkdaVyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjIzMDA4MUk5REsyQVhMVlMwUCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

It's been that much since mid Nov last year https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B096K9SVCT

1 Like

its out of stock

Out of stock ?

It'll show up as OOS if Amazon/seller won't ship to your location.

3 Likes

How’s the performance on this router?

Awesome,nice coverage, great usb performance, 1GB of ram is nice to have with ath11k driver have plenty of room for buffers, 2.5gig ethernet is cherry on the top.

1 Like

Router Wireless Acer FF.G22WW.001 PREDATOR CONNECT W6, AX7800, Tri-Band, Wi-Fi 6E ,does anyone know what features it has, it can be supported by openwrt?

Cudy WR3000 MT7981B + 256MB + 16MB NOR ,only 1Gb thou
Support is ready for PR nicefile/openwrt-vector at wr3000 (github.com)
once we will get official wifi support
[RFC] add support for MT7981 by dangowrt · Pull Request #771 · openwrt/mt76 (github.com)
forum thread
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/support-for-cudy-wr3000

And the best part is price ~51 eur when on sale in amazon es .My EU version came with 26dBm txpower and mid-low range in 5Ghz

Good ol'GPT never misses when writting offtopic stupid answers.

2 Likes