5G WIFI stops working (WRT3200 ACM)

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue where the 5G wifi stops working after while. Sometimes it lasts for a few hours, sometimes for a few days, and only a reboot helps. I am experiencing this behaviour since I switched to 21.*. The symptoms are similar to some of the reports in this thread, Linksys WRT3200ACM 5ghz Wireless doesn't work, although the upgrading the firmware, even to the latest version (OpenWrt 21.02.3 r16554-1d4dea6d4f) didn't solve the problem.

Is there any fix for this?

The only things that helped me in this situation was to switch to channel 36 and also ensure that irqbalance is not installed or running.

I had that same experience for weeks where the 5 GHz radio would crash and rebooting was the only way to bring it back up.

I haven’t experienced it for months now though.

1 Like

It's on channel 36 and irqbalance is not installed. I think I read something similar in one of the threads, so I tried, but it didn't change anything.

This device wifi problem is a never ending story on this forum. And since the actual driver development is discontinued bechause the manufacturer doesn’t exist any more the chance to get it working stable is pretty slim or non existent.

There are pretty much three ways you can go with this device.

1. Keep doing what you do and hope someone fix the actual driver problem someday.
  2. Keep using this potent router but use a external working access point with it.
  3. Retire the device and get something else.
3 Likes