23.05.3 release?

I've searched the forum and GitHub before posting this. I could not find any evidence of such an issue. There were errors reported for hostapd, however, these were not the exact same and the offending commit got reverted some time ago.

1 Like

Already flashed my wired only router using the mirror: https://mirror-03.infra.openwrt.org/releases/23.05.3/targets/

So far everything is fine.

I'll wait on doing the AP's though after reading the potential hostapd issues.

5 Likes

Damn, this probably explains why I struggled the whole day today with the firmware selector to build an image with the packages that I needed... I kept getting errors if I added all the packages at once, so I added them in small groups and requested a new build after each group. I couldn't figure out why in the end I added all of them and the build still succeeded. Now I installed it and I was surprised to see 23.05.3 :slight_smile: I reckon at some point the firmware selector defaulted to 23.5.03 while the packages were still being built in the background.

Yup. Moral of the story... wait until the release is officially announced.

1 Like

As far as I can tell the root overlay (at least for the NanoPi R4S) seems to be using ext4 in 23.05.3 rather than f2fs as it did in 22.03.5, was this change made on purpose? The R4S uses a microSD card for boot & root. I just checked the changelog for both 23.05.0 and 23.05.2 and I couldn't spot such a change, and there is no changelog yet for 23.05.3.

:slight_smile: Yes, I would have waited for sure if I would have noticed it said 23.05.3 in the drop-down select box. I started with 23.05.2 and I reloaded the page quite a few times after that but I didn't think to check the version again, what were the odds? You should have seen my puzzled face when I logged on and it said 23.05.3! :slight_smile: That's how I found this thread, trying to understand how I ended up with 23.05.3 when the current stable version was still 23.05.2. Mystery explained, time to call it a day and go to bed.