2 Gbps WAN/LAN NAT Routing on ramips MT7621 devices

No they're not.

Could you post the patch for re-650v1/re-500v1?

I don't have it, you're expected to this yourself.

@arinc9 May I ask you is that change also applicable for D-Link DIR-2660 A1 with ramips/mt7621 or is it already implemented for that router?

regards,

Yes it is.

1 Like

Am I correct in thinking that the ZyXel WSM20 could be 2Gbps enabled?

It already is, at least to the best of my knowledge.

2 Likes

I have an embarrassingly stupid question.
Have I completely missed the instructions for how one obtains the correct bits to make this work, and how one installs said bits?
Because I keep looking and I'm seeing everyone testing it just fine and I have no idea where I'm going.
My device is a Linksys EA7300 V1 (if that matters).

This is already implemented on that device, just use the wan interface.

2 Likes

How can I compile my packages and test your build?

Is the MT7621 still capable of full-duplex when going over a FTTX 1000/1000 MBit/s line via PPPoE using hardware offloading (hwnat)?

Hi,

The patch is applied to TpLink-ER605v2 snapshots by default?

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-tplink_er605-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

Thanks for your help,

1 Like

Will this patch support Linksys E7350?

It’s already active there.

Thank you for your exceptional work, arinc9!

Would this patch/fix apply to the Linksys EA8100 v1 and/or v2? Both versions use the MT7621AT chipset. I looked in the supported devices commit, as well as the device exceptions list, but I couldn't find any references to this specific device.

This patch applies to these two and other devices that include mt7621_linksys_ea7xxx.dtsi.

1 Like

Would that be something you'd be willing to provide a sample of, for the EdgeRouter X?

I'd be most interested in such a solution: I have five ER-X used as managed VLAN switches on all ports, with PoE on eth0 from the main router. This new solution gives me ~39% performance reduction (1139 vs 1867 Mbits/sec with 22.03.5) and a significant cpu cost (~80% used vs 1% used with 22.03.5).

Will such a manual runtime register modification code snippet be a version specific thing, or would it work for a given device also for later versions of the OpenWrt firmware?

@arinc9 is the patch applyed to ER605v2 (mt7621 device)?

Many thanks,

I've responded to this here.

1 Like

I've checked the devicetree source file for this device, the answer is yes.