2.4ghz network crapping out on me

Hello. I have a problem with my 2.4ghz network. Every couple days it would just crap out on me. It's still visible but it won't let any device on the network. The 5ghz network still works fine. A device reboot fixes the problem for a few days but then it happens again. I had originally set the security to mixed mode (wpa2/wpa3) but I changed that to wpa2-psk but that didn't fix the problem.

My phone (Samsung Galaxy A52s) gave me the following error: Couldn't authenticate network. I made my phone 'forget' the network and then added it again using a QR code but it still wouldn't let me on the 2.4ghz network. My iPad was also unable to connect to it. What could possibly be the cause of the issue and how can I fix it? I'm not as tech savvy as you guys but if you could provide me with a step by step solution I should be able to fix it. I have OpenWRT version OpenWrt 21.02.1 r16325-88151b8303 / LuCI openwrt-21.02 branch git-21.295.67054-13df80d running on a Netgear WNDR3700 v4.

Btw is there still a Discord server for OpenWRT?

Try OpenWrt Discord server - #9 by tapper never actually been on it, if you're younger than 18, watch out for posts containing pics of naked routers.

You've been warned.

1 Like

SSH in to the router and run cat /etc/config/wireless.

Redact the passwords in the "option key" sections.

Post the results in preformatted text, by using the icon highlighted in red...

OpenWRT Posting Icons

1 Like