19.07 luci-app-ddns page broken with OpenWrt theme

As the title suggests the luci ddns page (package luci-app-ddns) will not load on a fresh build of openwrt from master with freshly updated and installed feeds if using the OpenWrt theme instead of bootstrap (package luci-theme-openwrt). I've tried to dig into why using some information provided in the browser developer tools console but have not been able to figure out what's wrong.

Firefox

SyntaxError
An invalid or illegal string was specified

Chrome

SyntaxError
Failed to set the 'innerHTML' property on 'Element': The provided markup is invalid XML, and therefore cannot be inserted into an XML document.

This might require @jow or @Ansuel (who converted this app to javascript) to look at it.

Looking at the DDNS page of master in Firefox debugger with breakpoints enabled for exceptions, I get this with the OpenWrt theme:

As far as I can figure it out, it comes from this code block:

OpenWrt theme uses "strict XHTML", so it throws warnings about minor HTML errors that get ignored by other themes.

1 Like

That's about as far as I've gotten myself. I wasn't able to figure out what exactly was wrong with those lines.

should be caused by <br> that can be defined in 3 different way.... one should be the most compatible one, one is accepted and one is totally wrong but still handled by browser

@hnyman anyway can you give me more datails on how to reproduce this?

Simply

• Switch to use the OpenWrt theme. (Opkg install it if necessary)
  • Go to services / ddns page

That is all that is needed.

1 Like

Fixed... i will ask to merge this also to 19.07

The PR was merged, the affected code is only present in master though while the thread title states 19.07... on which version did you observe these exceptions exactly?

Confirmed working on my newest build from master just now.

I probably misspoke about the versions. I've been out of the loop on OpenWrt stuff for some time. Just came back to it to play with the banIP package.

It's broken again.