10G Router/High End?

I'm currently considering this to replace my dual WatchGuard Firebox M300 High-Available setup: https://www.solid-run.com/blog/articles/honeycomb-lx2-server/

3k$ - why not a x64 for this money?

1 Like

The price tag is the reason I haven't ordered this already. Especially since I'm in EU and shipping, import and customs tax is going to add a good bit extra. But I really like the idea of having 2 dedicated SoCs in a single 1U.

If you can wait turris is working on an 'enterprise grade omnia' with a similsr SoC (albeit not the 16 core version):

Here a thread with limited information:

and here a video link to a part of a presentation about the current state of development:

start at 6:00

Yeah and below 1k$ (expected) but not available right now and openwrt mainline support for this might also be late...

1 Like

Yes, currently estimated for the second half of 2024, a lot can happen until then including substantial delays, cancelation and price increases. Also to keep in mind (but that affects @stintel's choice as well) you will need to a compliment of SFP+ modules od DAC cables to actually use these...
I like both of tge spec sheets, but both are clearly outside of my budget... and I can not really see an advantage of SFP modules for my use case... this might change however, if I ever go all optical in my home (then being able to change 'optics' might come in handy...)

Or just check the IEI M902, in Taiwan it's marketed at USD 650, with 6 x 2.5GbE + 3 x 10GbE.

1 Like

What about the ClearFog LX2-Lite? Priced a bit friendlier at $1,140.00 and includes 2x SFP28. I wonder what practical throughput you'd get as a firewall.