OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Luci 'Not Found' on WRT160NL with build r17264

The content of this topic has been archived on 21 Apr 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

Hi All,
I'm currently running KAMIKAZE build r17264 on my WRT160NL and tried logging in via the web interface and receive the message 'Not Found' from the browser. However, upon checking the directory '/www/cgi-bin', luci seems in place.  Any idea for the cause of this error?  Should I try recompiling luci, and if so, what steps would you recommend?

Thanks!

LuCI isn't built or included by default.

./scripts/feeds update packages luci
./scripts/feeds install -a -p luci
make menuconfig
make

menuconfig -> LuCI -> Components -> luci-admin-full (this is the minimum)

On the router

opkg update; opkg install luci-admin-full

(Last edited by Dogge on 19 Aug 2009, 11:10)

I had the same problem with the snapshot of trunk from 17-Aug-2009.
Anyhow, for me installing luci-admin-full wasn't enough, I still had the same problem.

Bottom line, I installed many many packages, and removed most of them later, but I think I pinpointed what fixed the problem for me with the following:

1. Edit /etc/opkg.conf & modify the src/gz line to:

src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk//brcm47xx/packages

2. Install the following package:

opkg install luci-fastindex
tsnoam wrote:

2. Install the following package:

opkg install luci-fastindex

This appears to be a general problem with trunk. I could fix my brcm-2-4 installation from trunk using tsnoam's suggestion. Thanks!

Yes! I had same problem. This is the fix. Also dumped lots of uci packages, until found this thread. fastindex cures the "not found" problem.
Now i can remove most of them again.

I have the same problem running 8.09.1 r17616.

I installed the luci-fastindex but still no success.

Is there any other info on this subject?

lagosta wrote:

I have the same problem running 8.09.1 r17616.

I installed the luci-fastindex but still no success.

Is there any other info on this subject?

The following is the list of luci packages I have installed. Try to find the delta from what you have:

root@tsnoam-router:~# opkg list_installed |grep -i luci
luci-admin-core - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-admin-full - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-admin-mini - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-app-ddns - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-app-firewall - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-app-initmgr - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-app-upnp - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-cbi - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-core - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-fastindex - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-http - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-i18n-english - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-ipkg - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-lmo - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-lucid - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-nixio - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-px5g - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-sgi-cgi - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-sys - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-theme-base - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-theme-openwrt - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-uci - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-uvl - 0.9+svn5252-1 -
luci-web - 0.9+svn5252-1 -

tsnoam's ticket has had effect already. I just installed r17604 (2009-09-18) and did not have to install 'luci-fastindex_0.9+svn5333-1_brcm-2.4.ipk'.

Besides, all other luci packages are not required either. I just installed 'luci-admin-full_0.9+svn5333-1_brcm-2.4.ipk' from a shell (with opkg install) and was told what packages 'luci-admin-full_0.9+svn5333-1_brcm-2.4.ipk' was dependent on.

I've created an image (r17651), and running make menuconfig I added:
luci-admin-core
luci-admin-full
luci-app-olsr
luci-app-firewall
luci-app-ddns
luci-app-splash

This packages were all added with the 'M' option, so I could remove/update them.

When I try that image I always get the 'Not Found' message, but in big letters (I tried older versions and got the 'Not Found' message in small letters).

I don't know what am I doing wrong.

I'm getting the following message:
404 Not Found
The requested URL was not found.

Don't know if this is the same problem mentioned here.

Lol

I can ping the IP address, but it looks like there is something wrong with the http daemon. I don't know why. I had other version running perfectly, but since I tried to compile a new one (because I had the luci packages 'built-in' and I want them as 'packages') i'm now getting this message for every new version from branch and trunk.

Is anyone having the same problems? Or do you know what is happening? From your answer 'lol' it looks like I'm doing something stupid (and I probably am), but can't figure out what it is.

lagosta,
Can you SSH to the router? If so, please post the output of the command:
opkg list_installed |grep -i luci

I'm not home right now but I've already made a test.

If I run the image with the packages built as 'packages' (M option), when I run the command I get nothing or just the luci-admin-full (I can't remember exactly).

But if i try the image with the built-in packets (* option) and run the command I get all the luci packets that are supposed to be there. But nevertheless I get the same 'Not Found' error message.

When I arrive home I'll paste the exact result of the command for both image versions.

There was an important thing that I didn't know. When we compile an image with the M option on the packages, the packages are compiled but not included directly on the image, so we need to install them afterwards with the opkg. So I created an http server and placed the .ipk files there, and then I installed the ones I wanted, and the WebIf worked.

The strange thing is that if I compile everything with the * option it doesn't work either (at least with the latest versions, because with older ones everything was working fine).

I think there are some more people with this problems on Ubiquiti devices....

(Last edited by lagosta on 24 Sep 2009, 10:13)

The discussion might have continued from here.