Re: RB450 - using Five Ethernet Ports
I used patch https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … _phy.patch . I have tried to configure switch /etc/config/network . I used latest revision openwrt and RB450.
swconfig dev eth1 help .. Failed to connect to the switch
I disabled iptables /etc/init.d/firewall stop. I have tried ping on 1-4 ports and nothing response (eth1.2 - eth1.5). Eth0 is ok.
I check patch https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/tick … _phy.patch and there are:
1. Link speed and link status corrections build_dir/linux-ar71xx/linux-184.108.40.206/drivers/net/ag71xx/ag71xx_phy.c
2. Drivers remove/install
- remove Intel(R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet support
- remove Intel(R) PRO/1000 PCI-Express Gigabit Ethernet support
- remove IBM EMAC Ethernet support (CONFIG_IBM_NEW_EMAC)
- insert ICL EtherTeam 16i/32 support
- insert Zorro Ethernet cards using an NS8390-compatible
I think that this patch does not effect on switch and ip175c.
I have read datasheet of ip175c and i think that first port is enabled alone. Other ports has only one interface. Ports are tagged(VLAN) and switch is configured to port = tag.
Without the patch phorn linked to above none of the switch ethernet ports will work. eth0 is the WAN port, eth1 is the switch. Apply the patch, run the above clean command, compile and it should work.